Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2020
When does school ball start for all of you? DD’s hasn’t even started practice yet. They’re a bit late this year probably because of COVID.

May 27, 2013
I believe our first game is 3/19 but there have been no practices yet due to Covid. Our winter sports teams are only in their second week of competition.

Apr 20, 2015
Official 3/8 preseason contact 2 days a week going on now

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2020
Have heard some of the teams in the league have been practicing for a month now. The kids team hasn't met once yet, didnt even award letters or anything after canceling last season about 8 games in.
The coach finally reached out, they may have tryouts and workouts in the next couple weeks.

It's really going to depend on whether or not CIF (the hs governing body) tries to demand the players go dark or not for the season because NOBODY here believes the governor is going to allow school sanctioned games when even the pro teams are having to leave the state to play home games and no fans are permitted to go to anything here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2020
Have heard some of the teams in the league have been practicing for a month now. The kids team hasn't met once yet, didnt even award letters or anything after canceling last season about 8 games in.
The coach finally reached out, they may have tryouts and workouts in the next couple weeks.

It's really going to depend on whether or not CIF (the hs governing body) tries to demand the players go dark or not for the season because NOBODY here believes the governor is going to allow school sanctioned games when even the pro teams are having to leave the state to play home games and no fans are permitted to go to anything here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yeah DD’s school is one of the only teams around that hasn’t started practicing yet. So far it seems like the season is gonna go on like normal just without the high fives at the end of the games.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
SW MO here. DD’s Jr High held “open hitting/pitching” the last 4 weeks. No contact started today. Tryouts are next week. Practices start first week of March. Games start end of March.

I’d be surprised if their Spring season doesn’t happen. Everything is on schedule so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
In Massachusetts teams can't start practice until April 26th, when winter sports ends, the season goes into July. Normally the 3rd week in March is when the changeover starts so things will be about 5-6 weeks late. It's actually good from a weather perspective. I always tell players and parents that here in the NE softball is a winter sport.

Aug 25, 2019
DD's School starts April 26th. Usually starts first week of March, but the schools around here moved all the fall sports to early spring and moved all the spring sports back. Season ends June 19th. They usually have workouts in the gym now, but none of that this year, good thing her TB team still training.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
DD’s high school in Texas has been officially practicing for 2 weeks and has played 3 scrimmage games, 2 last Saturday and 1 this past Friday. They have one more this Tuesday and then a tourney this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. But the weather is most likely going to cancel it...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Here in Ohio, the Co-HC of our TB team with me will be Co-HC of a HS team with me as well. This is our second year with the team but last year's season was canceled. We usually start practicing around the third week of February and start play the middle to end of March. February 22nd is our official start date and our first game is March 18th. Not sure why we start our game schedule on a Thursday but oh well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619