Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
DD1 has been practicing weekly with her travel team, DD2 starts this weekend.....

Looks like winter season will run through Feb - last game is scheduled right now for 2/25, two makeups needed right now, but I'll assume those will get done before the 25th.....they might put together some sort of regional playoff, state tourney is a no go........normally state tourney is wrapped up by the end of Feb, so they really aren't that late with the season.....

Spring sports normally starts the end of March - my guess is we'll more or less be on that schedule; after losing all of last spring, hoping for a full schedule this year - fall sports was 10 games/no playoffs.....winter season has been 12 or 14 games scheduled, chance for regional playoffs (multiple classes)......now that Maine has done away with a county by county color coded system for sports, we're hoping that opens spring up for full league play and playoffs, but we will see........that is all yet to be decided

so we'll play........should see a full slate of games (normally 14 regular season), we'll see beyond that.......would assume we'll be close to an on time start, they may delay us to limit gym time (we normally don't get outside until early april at best), but having just done a full basketball season with no real issues, i don't see why they would

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois just "reopened" for high school sports a week or so ago. Now has a revised schedule to try and squeeze in all the fall and winter sports that were delayed (Who's ready for March football?), so the softball season starts late . Softball season runs April 5th through June 19th. Teams can do "contact days" now, but my daughters school hasn't started them yet. Coach said they are working on schedule. You have pretty much every sport either playing their season, or able to do contact days, and I think figuring out gym/workout/training space is tough.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
ND here, deep into winter sports here. 80% capacity . Have been no issues so far. Spring sports start 3-20. Should get in a full season it looks like as of now. Less than 800 active cases in the whole state.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
In Virginia, the HS season was pushed about a month to the right, which is likely to cut into at least part of the summer travel ball season for some girls. I believe the first day teams can practice is 4/12 and our first game is 4/26. State tournament will wrap up in mid-June. For those not competing in regionals/states, season could wrap up as early as the first week in June. In the fall, the HS was having "green days"--essentially softball practice one day a week for 2 hours or so. Stopped with the cold weather. Head Coach has indicated that such "optional" and "voluntary" Green Days will resume as soon as the weather is warm enough, which probably means anything over 40 degrees. Am expecting them to resume by first week of March.

Apr 30, 2018
Started workouts today for Jr. High. Official practices March 1. Been a long time coming, In the last 16 months DD tried out for 2 travel ball teams that ended up not playing last year. Rec ball got cancelled ... twice, once in the spring and then in fall when they tried to make it up they didn't have enough girls sign up to play. Throughout it all DD has been "lets go throw" and didn't ever give up wanting to play. Looking forward to actually playing again.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
PA here. 3/8 is the first day of practice. 3/30 is our first game. It’s typically still pretty cold that last week of March/first week of April. We’ll see if we play on the 30th...

Oct 10, 2018
NYC suburbs here - we start April 19. They haven't even announced try outs or put anything on the calendar yet.

Aug 13, 2020
Dd and I are hopeful that everything should go on as planned. The team will probably have less practice time but overall the season is supposed to start and end at about the same time it did 2 years ago. Hoping weather is kind to us this season. This is a big year for Dd and I would hate to see it cut short or canceled.

Jun 30, 2020
Not until August. 😀 Softball is a fall sport here in Georgia. Our spring sports are starting on time though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi