Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
All these hitters create a corner...and throw the barrel out from the corner.

Koria elbow down.jpg

Launch position 4.jpg

Yee no head bop.jpg

I don't see this barrel path in any high level swing.

Teachermanandsomepoorlittlekid_zps2d86a13c.gif

If you want to teach your kid a ferris wheel one piece centripetal swing modeled after a "One Legged Golfer" ....go for it.

I'm going to stick to the high level segmented swing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
When FFS posted the video of the two girls....his advice to the girl on the LEFT was to learn this barrel path:

He calls it a 12 to 6 barrel path. Imagine the girl on the LEFT using that barrel path against live pitching using her vertical bat handset.

No thank you. Terrible advice. Here's what it would look like:

The guy on top believes he is doing the same thing as Pujols....I kid you not.

Can you imagine Lockwood....with her vertical bat handset twirling the bat like the little boy in the clip?

I don't suppose you could post a link to where I recommended that "you" or "your daughter" perform the actions in this lesson by Teacherman. Hint ... you can't find such a link, because I never made such a recommendation.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Bump .....

We now know that FFS and a few others on here think this is the high level barrel path. FFS calls it a 12 to 6 barrel path I guess. I call it torquing the handle of the bat parallel to the pitch.

This drill and barrel path has been argued ad nauseum on other boards. I have been saying that HI trained hitters swing in a circle and are ALL UNLOAD. None of them LOAD in the UNLOAD. The reason the girl on the right has the bat in the crook of the neck is because there is no other way to make this drill work in a real swing and have it look half way decent. If she were to hold the bat vertical like the girl on the left....she would bop the catcher on the head with the bat....if the bat were long enough.

Turn up the volume on your speakers:D

Wellphyt, question for you ..... why do you feel the need to start a post with a lie?

Please support your claim. Where did I make the claim that this represented a high level barrel path?

I never made such a claim.

There was a time when you were open to discussions. Now you blatantly lie, making discussions with you pointless.

R

RayR

Hmmm....barrel's rearward path away from oppo field....from the inside...

m4eg.jpg

Same as the youngster here

4s0v.jpg

All that is missing is a SnF launch to sharpen the barrel path...

All these hitters create a corner...and throw the barrel out from the corner.

View attachment 4472

View attachment 4473

View attachment 4474

I don't see this barrel path in any high level swing.

If you want to teach your kid a ferris wheel one piece centripetal swing modeled after a "One Legged Golfer" ....go for it.

I'm going to stick to the high level segmented swing.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
As I recall....the swing of the girl on the LEFT was originally posted about 18 months ago because a parent was trying to figure out how to teach their dd a sequence...where the hands go back/stay back during the stride. I happened to have a clip of the girl on the LEFT doing the "Feet Together" drill....which can be good to teach the sequence....so I posted it to try and help the parent out.

I didn't post the swing to illustrate a well sequenced segmented swing. As I said before....I don't have kids do a lot of tee swings. I prefer to teach kids mostly by throwing live balls using a full windmill motion from behind a screen about 30 feet away.

This was the first time she had ever tried to hit a pitched ball from the "Feet Together" position. When she lifts her front foot to stride she has way too much anterior tilt....or what I call "crunching"....where she bends at the knees and at the waste. Well....the scrunching was her way of trying to time a pitched ball from that drill position.

Because of her right leg alignment issue....bending her back leg is really, really bad. Her right leg basically collapses underneath her. In this clip....watch what happens to her right leg when she bends her knees. She isn't turning her right leg inwards. All she is doing is bending her knees. The right knee goes in automatically when she bends her knees because she was born with the upper leg bone/femur max internally rotated in the hip socket. That causes balance issues that must be overcome.

Despite what FFS will have you believe....this drill and resulting barrel path isn't going to fix the girls right leg.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/uplandhunter/Teachermanandsomepoorlittlekid_zps2d86a13c.gif

What this episode has proven to me....is that some people on this board are applying their "One Legged Golfer" swing model to other kid's swings. They will go to great lengths to keep others from exposing the differences between the "One Legged Golfer" swing model....and the "Segmented High Level" swing model used by the best hitters.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Another video of the girl on the LEFT was taken and posted on here. It was taken shortly after the video that FFS decided to post. It was taken to highlight what the lower body looks like when the crunching/knee bending is removed and better balance is attained.

It's impossible to totally overcome a Right Leg Alignment issue as severe as the one seen in the girl on the LEFT. You would have to be in my shoes to fully appreciate the challenges posed by the Right Leg Alignment issue.

On the plus side I now have a much better understanding of how a hitter's style changes the look of their swing. I am able to see through a hitter's style and isolate the absolutes....with ease.

The One Legged Golfer swing model doesn't have me fooled. I see right through it.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Another video of the girl on the LEFT was taken and posted on here. It was taken shortly after the video that FFS decided to post. It was taken to highlight what the lower body looks like when the crunching/knee bending is removed and better balance is attained.

It's impossible to totally overcome a Right Leg Alignment issue as severe as the one seen in the girl on the LEFT. You would have to be in my shoes to fully appreciate the challenges posed by the Right Leg Alignment issue.

On the plus side I now have a much better understanding of how a hitter's style changes the look of their swing. I am able to see through a hitter's style and isolate the absolutes....with ease.

The One Legged Golfer swing model doesn't have me fooled. I see right through it.

Not sure what you are trying to say here Wellphyt.

You are the person that took the video.

You are the person that first posted that video here.

We get the point that you believe your daughter has physical limitations that restrict her ability to swing using your swing model. I don't personally believe that explains everything, but I'm fine with you believing it if that makes you feel better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors