Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Edmonds2008_zps97cb5190.gif

I guess Edmonds is low-level.

Also, while I originally felt as though you had some justification (you feel as though your daughter was slighted), it's now becoming ridiculous. However, as I said earlier, I will not judge your daughter's swing until I see it again. It's simply unfair for me to do so.

I don't care about the agenda. The softball player just posted has a poor swing, IMO.

Outside pitch, so lag time is short. Extension is towards opp.

R

RayR

Make no mistake about it - Edmonds is applying a serious amount of torque on the handle of the bat via rear forearm rotation. HPP. Any carve you think you see is the from the front forearm rotating the opposite way of the rear forearm creating an initial lag of the barrel...creating a pivot point between the hands. Turning the barrel from a flatter position.

Notice how Edmonds IS NOT accelerating the barrel AWAY from his head/neck slot as his back elbow lowers....like the girl on the Right does. The girl on the Right is not doing the same thing as Edmonds....not even close. Some of you don't understand what the ABSOLUTES of the swing are and are being fooled by different Styles.

Edmonds is lagging the barrel big time....he does not send the barrel towards the pitch AS HIS BACK ELBOW LOWERS. One day when you figure that out....you will have another piece of the puzzle.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
We now know that FFS and a few others on here think this is the high level barrel path. FFS calls it a 12 to 6 barrel path I guess. I call it torquing the handle of the bat parallel to the pitch.

This drill and barrel path has been argued ad nauseum on other boards. I have been saying that HI trained hitters swing in a circle and are ALL UNLOAD. None of them LOAD in the UNLOAD. The reason the girl on the right has the bat in the crook of the neck is because there is no other way to make this drill work in a real swing and have it look half way decent. If she were to hold the bat vertical like the girl on the left....she would bop the catcher on the head with the bat....if the bat were long enough.

Turn up the volume on your speakers:D

WoW!!!
That is the first time I heard the voice with this demo

Poor little guy.....Probably had to take up soccer :)

SL

Jan 13, 2012
Notice how Edmonds IS NOT accelerating the barrel AWAY from his head/neck slot as his back elbow lowers....like the girl on the Right does. The girl on the Right is not doing the same thing as Edmonds....not even close. Some of you don't understand what the ABSOLUTES of the swing are and are being fooled by different Styles.

Edmonds is lagging the barrel big time....he does not send the barrel towards the pitch AS HIS BACK ELBOW LOWERS. One day when you figure that out....you will have another piece of the puzzle.

In the clip you referenced, the ball is inside, and Edmonds gets the barrel to it. Carve-Filet should be reserved for meat and poultry, IMO.

Jan 13, 2012
We now know that FFS and a few others on here think this is the high level barrel path. FFS calls it a 12 to 6 barrel path I guess. I call it torquing the handle of the bat parallel to the pitch.

Nobody teaches torquing the handle parallel to the pitch.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The pitch is clearly outside. As an aside, I really want to eliminate the word "lag" from the hitting dictionary.

What P? You don't believe you should LAG the barrel as long as possible. Then turn your hips. Then turn your shoulders (cause resisting is a falicy) holding the hinge angle. Then throw/hammer the barrel through the ball, when you decide to hit the 100mph fastball?

Jan 13, 2012
What P? You don't believe you should LAG the barrel as long as possible. Then turn your hips. Then turn your shoulders (cause resisting is a falicy) holding the hinge angle. Then throw/hammer the barrel through the ball, when you decide to hit the 100mph fastball?

I think the traditional definition of the word "lag" in the baseball/fastpitch sense is wrong. The barrel is lagging when it gets "behind" the body. There's a great slow motion Pujols clip for it. I don't know where it is, so if someone could find it, I'd be very grateful.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors