Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
When I refer to the girl on the Right being all UNLOAD....this is the key frame in her swing I look for. Notice the barrel blurring away from her head as her back elbow lowers to her side/slots. She is UNLOADING the barrel AS her back elbow lowers....NO LOADING IN THE UNLOAD.

This is a brute force type one piece swing. Absolutely NO ability to adjust. Her first move is to send the barrel flying towards the ball as the back elbow is lowering.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
When I refer to the girl on the Right being all UNLOAD....this is the key frame in her swing I look for. Notice the barrel blurring away from her head as her back elbow lowers to her side/slots. She is UNLOADING the barrel AS her back elbow lowers....NO LOADING IN THE UNLOAD.

This is a brute force type one piece swing. Absolutely NO ability to adjust. Her first move is to send the barrel flying towards the ball as the back elbow is lowering.

Wellphyt, the issue I have with your posts is that you've proven to me that you make claims without factual support. In some cases you blatantly make claims that are completely false. How is a reader to know when you are being truthful and when you are not being truthful?

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/15918-rose-olored-glasses-elephant-room-24.html#post191076

Feb 14, 2010
Wellphyt,

What level does your DD play? Your like a little kid that got sand kicked in his face. Take your toys and your super hard to learn amatuer swing and go home. You keep spewing the same GARBAGE hoping someone will side with you and it's not happening. For the record my DD & I have never once done that drill you keep posting, doesn't mean it's not a good drill but I don't know personally so I won't comment on it.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
In the high level swing you want to lag the barrel. During the CARVE action the barrel cuts down beside the upper arm (deltoid). What you don't want is the barrel accelerating AWAY from the head/neck as a first move like the girl on the Right does.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Lookwood CARVE AND FILET. Notice how she doesn't accelerate the barrel AWAY from her head as she CARVES. She gets the barrel in position during the CARVE action to THROW IT.

It's one move with a change in direction within the one move. You need a change in direction to create whip. The CARVE is the setup for the change in direction. You do the same thing when you throw a ball sidearm or skip a rock.

Jan 13, 2012
That low level circle

Edmonds2008_zps97cb5190.gif

I guess Edmonds is low-level.

Also, while I originally felt as though you had some justification (you feel as though your daughter was slighted), it's now becoming ridiculous. However, as I said earlier, I will not judge your daughter's swing until I see it again. It's simply unfair for me to do so.

I don't care about the agenda. The softball player just posted has a poor swing, IMO.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Notice how Edmonds IS NOT accelerating the barrel AWAY from his head/neck slot as his back elbow lowers....like the girl on the Right does. The girl on the Right is not doing the same thing as Edmonds....not even close. Some of you don't understand what the ABSOLUTES of the swing are and are being fooled by different Styles.

Edmonds is lagging the barrel big time....he does not send the barrel towards the pitch AS HIS BACK ELBOW LOWERS. One day when you figure that out....you will have another piece of the puzzle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors