Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Oh nothin.
I see what your saying there, but:
AllanCraig_side_slo.gif

braunhead_zpsfdb6685d.gif

Longoria_2011WC_side.gif

CDavisSCIP1.gif

Allen Craig is the only scooper of those 4. In any case, I'd be more interested in seeing a questionable Miguel Cabrera if you have one. I really like some of these guys though. Thanks!

May 16, 2010
Hmmm...how does Bonds top hand/wrist get into such an extended position if it isnt supinating? It's the same action from the top hand/wrist as throwing a curve ball...the bottom hand applies opposite force in the way of pronation...

yoh6.jpg

How come Bonds top hand/wrist in the chop wood clip doesn't extend but instead gets into a position of flexion?

I'm tired of debating with ignorance. The bottom hand does not pronate, and the top supinates a very small amount, LATE in the action.

I'd detail the movement, but you wouldn't understand.

Hint, just because his palm is up in the image above and it was facing forward, does not mean that the wrist/forearm supinated.

He does not pull the barrel rearward with force from supination.

May 16, 2010
That tom hock chop every one raves about, his lead elbow goes down, i dont see this in his game swing his lead elbow juts. What am I missing?

Any knowledge of bio-mechanics.

In the game swing he uses that hand action after he tilts his shoulders and the hands "turn the corner" to use one of your accepted terms. And, yes, after his elbow juts up. He's demonstrating ulnar deviation and supination of the bottom hand. Which he does after he gets tilted. He isn't demonstrating an exact swing motion.

Try it yourself. Turn the triangle, get the bat flattened behind your back with your shoulders tilted and the knob pointing down at the ball. Now, do what he does with his WRISTS below;

bondstomhoksmall.gif

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I'm tired of debating with ignorance. The bottom hand does not pronate, and the top supinates a very small amount, LATE in the action.

Hint, just because his palm is up in the image above and it was facing forward, does not mean that the wrist/forearm supinated.

Do the hands get flat from a vertical position? If so, then something is pronating and something is supinating. I would agree as to the amount of force.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
R

RayR

you can try to insult me all you want but your lame attempts at a swing are not even close, period.

The front forearm pronates then supinates during extension.

The rear forearm supinates then pronates during extension.

This is the reason your front elbow COLLAPSES...it is not trying to pronate early as the barrel is turned.

Sorry, Col Sanders...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01