ROE

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
When a players mishits are screaming, nasty, pull side topspin grounders that hit the round deep in the infield you see errors.....
Players who consistently hit the ball hard over the long haul will have good "standard" statistics..no need to resort to ROE in my opinion.

Dec 11, 2010
Well- yes.... that’s true.

When you say it that way, I know that when I sort the ROE column “all the same suspects“ are still at the top...

Maybe I wasn’t learning what I thought I was learning there

Jun 8, 2016
Well- yes.... that’s true.

When you say it that way, I know that when I sort the ROE column “all the same suspects“ are still at the top...

Maybe I wasn’t learning what I thought I was learning there
What causes errors: bad fielders, hard hit balls and speed (causing fielders to rush to make a play). The latter two will have a high positive correlation with good standard statistics 🤷‍♂️

Aug 6, 2013
What causes errors: bad fielders, hard hit balls and speed (causing fielders to rush to make a play). The latter two will have a high positive correlation with good standard statistics 🤷‍♂️

My DD plays high level 18’s and she has hard hit balls but absolutely no speed whatsoever so when she ROE we are pretty happy with that 😂. That being said she has a great avg anyway because of her hard hit balls placed in the right spots for hits around 40% of the time - even with quicksand like speed....

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My DD plays high level 18’s and she has hard hit balls but absolutely no speed whatsoever so when she ROE we are pretty happy with that 😂. That being said she has a great avg anyway because of her hard hit balls placed in the right spots for hits around 40% of the time - even with quicksand like speed....
Haha 😁 "quicksand like speed"

May 16, 2016
I think ROE should not count as an At Bat. So, it doesn't help your average, but it doesn't hurt either. Make this change, and 90% of the griping about scoring goes away.

Nov 18, 2015

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06