Road to the 2023 NCAA Championship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
Yucky Behavior, imo.

Would like to see video of the foul ball just to see how close it was but irrelevant since that was previous decision by umpire, got to move on.
She kept jawing and finally got yacked in the 6th inning.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

I saw when the ejection happened when I was at the gym... but I didn't anything earlier in the game as I was out umpiring myself (not NCAA :) )

Look, it is high pressure... you have to give some leeway when they vent and move on and don't take it too far.

We often talk about 'acknowledge, warn, eject' as a guideline when it is not egregious. And when you do that, there is no bluffing. If I say 'Ok, that is enough. Next time I have to address this, you will be ejected' - then you do it again, you get ejected. It sounds like from the description that something similar to that happened - let the first incident go but then they kept going and at that point it is time to go.

Feb 15, 2017
I saw when the ejection happened when I was at the gym... but I didn't anything earlier in the game as I was out umpiring myself (not NCAA :) )

Look, it is high pressure... you have to give some leeway when they vent and move on and don't take it too far.

We often talk about 'acknowledge, warn, eject' as a guideline when it is not egregious. And when you do that, there is no bluffing. If I say 'Ok, that is enough. Next time I have to address this, you will be ejected' - then you do it again, you get ejected. It sounds like from the description that something similar to that happened - let the first incident go but then they kept going and at that point it is time to go.
When does the pointing at the umpire cross the line? It is one thing to say something and keep moving.

Funny thing is the ball she was upset with in the prior game was clearly foul.

Jul 5, 2016
Washington-McNeese game was wild. Washington was dead on the floor, down 6 runs with 3 outs to go and scored 7 to hold on and win it. Believe they said it was the biggest comeback in the tournament since 2000.
I'm traumatized. I had flashbacks to too many games in which my daughter played where they had it in the bag until they didn't.

And that poor McNeese pitcher was worn out and had to pitch in a heavy drizzle.

Kudos to the Huskies though for demonstrating that good teams never give up.

Feb 15, 2017
I'm traumatized. I had flashbacks to too many games in which my daughter played where they had it in the bag until they didn't.

And that poor McNeese pitcher was worn out and had to pitch in a heavy drizzle.

Kudos to the Huskies though for demonstrating that good teams never give up.
How do you leave the pitcher in for that long? She was getting hit like a piñata. If you can put games on the umpires you can put this one on the coach.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors