Ringor 15% discount

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2011
All, I have always been one of the biggest complainers about the weight on the Ringor Cleats, and used that as the primary reason for not purchasing them. I also want to be one of the first now that I see it, they have listened. There is a new model out that is weighing in at a whopping 10 oz. This propels it into one of the lightest cleats available. If I recall, my DD's Mizuno Sweeps at 9.8 oz, and those are some of the lightest I could find. At 10 oz, I will have to take another serious look at the Ringor's. (now, there is the whole other side of the argument... how long do you really want to smell your DD's softball cleats, as they smell almost as bad as a ice hockey locker room / duffle bag...)

Anyways, great job Ringor, I can't wait to try out a pair of the Diamond Bandit Spike's .... now if I could just get a free pair to replace the $125 I burnt on a pair that my kid couldn't run in because they were bricks on her feet (15.4 oz each, i think).

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The Bandit metals are about as light a cleat as I've ever seen, and my 18U DD (catcher) used them for a whole season with no issues whatsoever. They're barely even scuffed.

The new Dynasty 2.0 plastic cleat is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than the old Dynasty as well. They've switched to a new material (not sure if it's still leather, but it seems like a quality shoe) and it's looking like a winner. Time will tell.

Nov 30, 2013
I am highly sceptical whether the new Ringor 2.0s will last as long as the Diamond Dynastys.IMO they look cheaper and not built as tough.When I look at the thickness of the footbed I get the feeling they won't be as durable as the Diamond Dynastys.

Is 5.4 ozs really going to make that much of a difference in my childs speed on the base paths?

Don't get me wrong DD and I love the Ringor brand (she owns their socks,t shirts,batpack,and cleats),but the thing that bothers me is they are phasing out the Diamond Dynasty molded cleats and are not going to be available anymore.For this reason I recently purchased DD 3 new pair of Diamond Dynastys for this season and next (hopefully she won't grow out of them)

I am curious to know how long the 2.0s will last and I guess like ScottyDon't said "time will tell"

I know as well as many of you do that manufacturers are cutting corners and finding ways to make their products cheaper yet attractive to their buyers.Could this be the case with the 2.0s

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
Yes, 5.4 oz is alot of weight. That could equate to one whole stride, imo. It really comes down to how strong your dd's legs are, and how big she is. For the lighter girls and fleet of foot, i think an extra 1/2lb / foot is massive.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Anyways, great job Ringor, I can't wait to try out a pair of the Diamond Bandit Spike's .... now if I could just get a free pair to replace the $125 I burnt on a pair that my kid couldn't run in because they were bricks on her feet (15.4 oz each, i think).

I have seen a lot of Ringor cleats on Ebay....even used ones!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish