Rico Gloves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
Anyone have any experience with Rico Gloves? They offer a pretty cost effective custom glove. Not sure about the quality though.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I've heard of Rico gloves but have never personally held one in my hands. They're a Mexican glove company.This was in 2012, there was a 10th grader Rico glove rep that came on there and just got roasted ! Trying to push a glove that he has never owned or used, it was pretty ugly. They're saying they now offer horween custom gloves, but it's not horween glove leather, code 55, the good stuff ! What are you looking for, a glove for you're DD or a glove for you? Budget? Are you looking for something odd, unique, or just a less expensive custom?

If you're looking for something a little different, go to Taiwanbaseball.com. Check out several really good gloves: Woodz, Zett, SSK, Hatakeyama. I would take a Taiwan/Asian glove over a Mexican glove company made glove any day of the week. YMMV.

Still hard to beat Rawlings, Wilson, Mizuno, Vinci, and if I had my heart set on a custom, it would be a Custom Rawlings Glovesmith USA custom in Duratan leather. Also check out Ballgloves.com, they just got their latest batch (in Aug) of Rawlings exclusives. Pro1000, Pro12TC, RV23, etc. Also, Casedawg can have you a custom made Vinci, and for probably less than a Rico! My DD's custom Vinci from Casedawg was a steal I thought !

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Akadema also does custom gloves for cheap (50% discount codes are frequently available). And their online glove configurator is great fun. :D

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yep, Capire gloves get a lot of love in internet glove reviews, pretty sure these are made in Taiwan. Capire and Kelley gloves always get great reviews but I don't think I've ever seen one at a softball field. Lenski, could you post a pic of your DD's mitt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie