Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
Only the 2020 Ghost is dual stamped, correct? If so a 2020 Ghost is going to be well out of the $200 price range. A 2019 LXT can be bought for around $180.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I’m not opposed to spending more than $200. That’s a minimum I expected to spend. I don’t want to pay more though if the difference in quality is minimal.

Apr 30, 2018
My DD (9.5yo) swings a 30" -12 2019 LTX, but she is on the small side. 30" -10 or 31" -11might be ok for a girl on the upper end of the growth charts. Hard to say without watching her swing. See if you have a Dick's sporting goods nears you that has a Hit Trax cage. You can try several different size and weight bats. Should be reasonable obvious when she hits off the tee if she has gone to big. Have her hit 10 or more balls off the tee there with each bat if it isn't too busy. See what bat feels good for her and that she is able to consistently hit line drives. If the balls are going all over the place, then it is probably too big or too heavy. Don't make the mistake of getting on that is a little too big thinking she will grow into it. Bats need to be the right size right now. Also look online or your local Facebook softball pages for used bats. Girls at this age out grow them long before they are worn out.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

ambrosia.moore

brosia18
Jul 17, 2019
I highly reccomend the LXT too. Honestly, going with such a pricey and good bat though at her age seems like somewhat of a waste. Yes, they are good bats, but she is going to grow quickly. I would reccomend getting an older model of the LXT, maybe 2018, or 2019 if you’d like. But I don’t reccomend getting a very expensive bat like the ghost quite yet, due to how young she is. Just my piece of advice!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach