Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
My 9 year old DD is ready for a bat upgrade. She’s been using a 30/20 Easton we picked up at Dick’s 2 years ago for like $50. We told her we would get her a new bat if she put in the effort to improve her swing and she has been working hard. She likes the feel of the 30/20 but she swung with a family friend’s old 31/20 2005 LS Dynasty and hit some nice balls in BP. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Apr 30, 2018
What is your budget? There are some killer deals on 2019 model bats. Hard to go wrong with the LXT or CF Zen, but even on discount your looking at close to $200.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
What is your budget? There are some killer deals on 2019 model bats. Hard to go wrong with the LXT or CF Zen, but even on discount your looking at close to $200.

Figured on at minimum $200, though don’t get me wrong I’d love to trip over a better deal lol.
I’m still not sure about drops. I get what it is, but is one better than another or is that solely how it feels to the hitter?

Apr 30, 2018
Much of it is what feels good to the hitter, but make sure she can control it. Too heavy of a bat will often manifest in barrel drop at the beginning of the swing and difficulty being consistent off the tee. If you see a much higher number of pop ups and grounders then the bat is probably too heavy. Higher drops like a -11 or -12 make for a lighter bat which is better for your contact hitters. -10 is a bit more balanced and -8 and -9 will be a heavier bat for your strong power hitters.

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
I would also recommend looking st the bat weight data base since -10 means different things to different manufacturers. It is much more important to know the actual weight and base your decision off that. Starting point would be to weigh the current bat so you have that as a baseline. Food scale or postal scale work great for that. There are some really good deals on last years models and especially at the sizes you will be looking for.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The two important measurements in bats are length and weight. More or less is not a better/worse consideration. It's about finding the right fit for your DD.

Aug 20, 2017
If you want hot out of the wrapper I’d get a ghost. If you want hot after being hit a bunch get LXT.

I’d check eBay for old Easton stealth speeds or synergy’s that are legal. Same on LXTs. I want a bat that has been hit a bunch. Not as pretty but that’s just me

Apr 30, 2018
If you want hot out of the wrapper I’d get a ghost. If you want hot after being hit a bunch get LXT.

I’d check eBay for old Easton stealth speeds or synergy’s that are legal. Same on LXTs. I want a bat that has been hit a bunch. Not as pretty but that’s just me
Only the 2020 Ghost is dual stamped, correct? If so a 2020 Ghost is going to be well out of the $200 price range. A 2019 LXT can be bought for around $180.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie