Questions about Demarini Vandetta

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
The older Vendettas were a bad design and were notorious for breaking. As far as comparing a Vendetta to a CF(anything), there really isn't any comparison. There is the added cost, but with that comes a much hotter bat.

Dec 8, 2011
The CF5 is the better bat of the two. I am not sure what your daughter has been swinging, but if she has been hitting a balanced bat, you might want to test or dry swing an enloaded bat before spending that amount of money. However, if her current bat is balanced, and she is a power hitter, you might want to just go down on her drop from a -10 to -9 etc... Hope this helps.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Here's the deal as explained to me by a Demarini rep. The CF4 Insane is truly end-loaded for a power hitter and comes in a variety of drop weights but the most popular is the -10. The CF5 Insane is also end-loaded but the load is dristributed a little further along the barrel than the CF4 thus giving it more of an evening effect which is a good transition bat for power hitters coming from a bat which is evenly distributed. If you want a truly evenly distributed weighted bat then the CF5 Hope is the model you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Apr 8, 2010
I would agree a CF anything would be a significant step up in quality over the Vendetta.

Having said that, my DD (late 1999 b-day) has had two Vendettas. The first one was a 2010 model I think. It held up thru summer and fall leagues. Last fall we bought her a 2011 model, and it is holding up well so far. She hits two night a week at the cages using jugs balls, and one night off live pitching. So lots of hits on this bat.

DD is 5'4"-ish and 115 pounds or so. She doesn't crush the ball, but make a lot of contact to the outfield. Comparing to most aluminum bats, there is definitely some pop there. There are definitely better bats out there, but for a lot of hitters, I think the Vendetta is ok.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The CF5 Insane is only available in -10. The CF5 ST series is available in -8,-9 and -10. I haven't talked to a Demarini rep about the differences between the two. Next time he comes in I will ask him unless someone here knows the answer.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
Definitely go for the CF5, if she's strong and at the 14U level, she's ready for it. With regard to the Insane, I would find a place where she could take a couple swings with it. If it seems that she's laboring to swing it, or if her mechanics are just breaking down, maybe it would be better to look at the regular CF5's. I know that the first time I swung an end loaded bat, I immediately did not like it, so it's all personal preference.

At 14U, I used a -10 so I would go somewhere that has a bunch of CF5's and swing them, and do all those little "tests" for the right length/weight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32