Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 27, 2010
Here is the scenario. Our team cancelled out of a tournament this weekend because we had several girls hurt. We would have only needed to pick up 1 player to play. The coach calls practice for today at 3. 5 girls and one coach show up. The 2 of the other coaches had their daughters pickup with another team and played in the tournament we dropped out of and thus they and their daughters were not at practice. you . We drive 45mins to practice for this, they didn't tell us they wouldn't be there.

What do you do or say to the coaches? I think it was wrong. They told us that we could pickup with other teams when we weren't playing but could not miss our practices.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Here is the scenario. Our team cancelled out of a tournament this weekend because we had several girls hurt. We would have only needed to pick up 1 player to play. The coach calls practice for today at 3. 5 girls and one coach show up. The 2 of the other coaches had their daughters pickup with another team and played in the tournament we dropped out of and thus they and their daughters were not at practice. you . We drive 45mins to practice for this, they didn't tell us they wouldn't be there.

What do you do or say to the coaches? I think it was wrong. They told us that we could pickup with other teams when we weren't playing but could not miss our practices.

Team cancelled plans for the weekend. Don't see why you would think people shouldn't go to a tournament thay had already planned to go to because your team couldn't make the tournament as a group.

And who is "they" that said you could not miss practice?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would be mad with the Manager with not communicating with us. Even if we did not have a practice, I would be upset with a Manager that did not communicate with us that their DD was playing in a tournament our Team dropped out of. Upset is not quite the right word but this is a public forum.

I would have a long talk to the Manager about their commitment to the Team. I can type in their bs answer here if you want, I am sure you can too.

When they are a coach, or a non-coach, the level of frustration goes down. They/ we have missed practices for reasons you could not even make up. If I am the Manager it is the same as if I am a Manager at work. Miss practice, do not come to work, I do not care. Just let me know you are not going to be there, I do not care what the reason is. A little chit goes in my book, if it starts to become an Issue I talk to them and try to resolve the Issue.

If someone wants to use one of their chits to play in a tournament I am OK that. Manager does not have a lot on chits; they cannot be away from the Team for their DD to play on another Team. (Very few exceptions)

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The 2 of the other coaches had their daughters pickup with another team and played in the tournament we dropped out of and thus they and their daughters were not at practice.

And that is why it is called "Daddy Ball"...

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
OTOH, it is December and you are talking cs about a softball tournament.

Guess what list Santa is going to put your name on?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd