Queen of the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
It's crazy people are asking it for free from a small business owner. Looks like this product is another tool to help our DD's understand leg drive and I don't think 269$ is a bad deal. People didn't have problem dropping 300$ for Ghost bats produced by a major manufacturer. If my daughter was 10 YO, I would buy this product, it's a good innovation.

I have no problem purchasing if someone on here recommended it. I thought a fair review of the product would be good for both parties. And offered to pay if it worked.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I like the concept. javasource has talked about an effort to drive the front edge of the rubber down and back into the ground. For those with disposable income, I can see this being a better tool than the Power Drive due to the adjustability. If this tool performs as advertised, I could see it's usefulness during instruction. I think I could get the same results without, but sometimes; gadgets and precise/immediate feedback can go hand-in-hand. I won't be buying one, but like suggested, I work with a number of students and if gifted one--I'm sure I could help validate the effectiveness of such a tool.

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
Has Queen of the Hill or any company plotted data points in relationship to distance of leap and velocity of the pitch. As I teach my 10 year old DD to pitch with the help of PE, I often wonder what's more important a.) distance of the leap b.) timing of leap with arm circle c.) optimal leap to sync the arm circle with the drag? Any thoughts or hard data would be appreciated. Thanks

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Has Queen of the Hill or any company plotted data points in relationship to distance of leap and velocity of the pitch. As I teach my 10 year old DD to pitch with the help of PE, I often wonder what's more important a.) distance of the leap b.) timing of leap with arm circle c.) optimal leap to sync the arm circle with the drag? Any thoughts or hard data would be appreciated. Thanks

You may want to keep in mind that leg drive is a minor component of the pitching motion. The most important aspect of lower body mechanics is what happens up top as a result.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019
Creating maximum forward momentum is not only created by pushing away from the rubber with your throwing side leg. It's also about pulling away from the rubber using an effective stride knee/foot extension sequence as part of a proper sprinter's out of the blocks approach. I'm not saying this is not an effective tool but emphasis/focus should be geared towards more than the force of the push.

BLB.....I've been doing some testing on that exact theory. Momentum vs Drive causes this Pull or stretch. Think about this......without engagement or push from the rubber that "Pull" will never get to elite status that fuels the stretching shortening cycle. It's almost like a leap where if we don't push from the back leg our Pull will be very weak. This is where my trainer comes into play.

Jan 23, 2019
You may want to keep in mind that leg drive is a minor component of the pitching motion. The most important aspect of lower body mechanics is what happens up top as a result.

I think it's a little more than a minor part. But it's a major part in creating energy to transfer that causes increased velocity. Now I'm not saying that velocity is everything because control and changing speeds is critical.....but those attributes with elite velocity rules.

Jan 23, 2019
The first one does IR and then finishes with a H/E (must be a Jenny Finch fan).

I couldn't take the product serious after watching that...

GunnerShotGun.......I think you will be missing out if you take one video and base your opinion on my trainer. Nobody can deny that Increasing the force of the stride into a strong bracing of the front leg and this is what the Queen will do. Thanks Brother!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I think it's a little more than a minor part. But it's a major part in creating energy to transfer that causes increased velocity. Now I'm not saying that velocity is everything because control and changing speeds is critical.....but those attributes with elite velocity rules.

No the force of the drive is a minor component and can easily be demonstrated. The mechanics related to the drive and the ability to convert that energy is what counts, not how hard you push. Have seen my DD easily step and throw 65mph in flip flops. Safe to say she was not pushing. The fastest she ever threw was 72mph and worked in the 67-68 range. She had very good leg drive and if you do the math she was about 6% better when going full out off the rubber. While 6% is nothing to dismiss there are much more important things to focus on than increasing leg drive like generating resistance. IME increasing leg drive is what you work on when you get everything else working properly. Have seen many a pitcher get caught up in increasing leg drive while having only 1 or 2 of the 4 points of resistance. That is pure folly. Until you have all 4 points of resistance and can actually transfer the force you create with the legs you are wasting your time be it with or without a gadget.

ETA: Do not get me wrong, I think that this and other gadgets have their place. My concern is that the average bucket sitter will place too much emphasis on generating leg drive at the expense of developing a proper foundation.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00