Queen of the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
Do you have any information on velocity increases in the circle after using the device? I haven't watched all of your videos but they seem to show speed increases while pitching from the "queen". I can see the feedback helping to get more out of the pitcher's leg drive while they are using it but how does it translate back to the pitching plate. The feel is completely different and, of course, the feedback goes away.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Hi Rich,
I am glad to see you responding about the inquiries concerning your product. When I saw the question posted, I figured go to the source to get the most accurate and complete answer. I have done the same for another person(mention no name but a well known pitching coach) but that certain person was not to keen to return too DFP. Too bad because that person had a lot of beneficial advice and input.
Welcome to DFP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BLB

May 19, 2008
Creating maximum forward momentum is not only created by pushing away from the rubber with your throwing side leg. It's also about pulling away from the rubber using an effective stride knee/foot extension sequence as part of a proper sprinter's out of the blocks approach. I'm not saying this is not an effective tool but emphasis/focus should be geared towards more than the force of the push.

Nov 27, 2012
It's crazy people are asking it for free from a small business owner. Looks like this product is another tool to help our DD's understand leg drive and I don't think 269$ is a bad deal. People didn't have problem dropping 300$ for Ghost bats produced by a major manufacturer. If my daughter was 10 YO, I would buy this product, it's a good innovation.

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
Honestly i would have purchased it if i saw it before power drive. I purchased power drive for my DD over 1 year ago and she uses it during practice for about 10 pitches after fully warmed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My DD's pitching coach has one so my DD uses it once a week as part of her warm ups

Two things I noticed:
- When she is pitching using it, the clear audio clicking sound gives her good feedback on when she is using her legs well.
- My daughter can make it click whenever she wants even on higher setting (i.e. she found a way to cheat it)

It didn't and hasn't added any speed to her pitching - but then she had good leg mechanics already. So all it really does for her is reinforce doing it every time. confirms she actually is doing a decent job of leg drive and that she is being taught well.

If you have a player who has trouble using their legs I can see it being a decent tool to help emphasize leg drive - or alternately if have a terrible pitching coach who doesn't know what they are doing maybe it helps out overcoming poor instruction. If you have one of those situations I can certainly see that forcing them to use their legs more would add speed. And there are plenty of those situations out there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414