Queen of the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Send out demos just like mizuno did with bats. If it’s not a gimmick like most other career changing softball aids turn out to be, your sales will explode.

Good idea...
I was a Mizuno host recently, and the product spoke for its self and I sold about a dozen bats.
I'll take one and work with all my regular pitching students, as well as I'll take it to an upcoming clinic in Louisville where I'll be assisting Rick Pauly. If it's a real deal product, it'll sell its self and I'll get you some more exposure...

Jan 23, 2019
I can see where the tactile feedback could make the light bulb go off for some girls who don't understand the difference between striding off the rubber by casting their stride leg out, and actually driving off of it but that's a real expensive light bulb. Once they've figured that part out, though, getting better at it is a matter of training and technique which you wouldn't need a gadget for.

My guess is that the increased velocity came from the pitcher suddenly being more intentional about their leg drive once she was told to use the device, and not from anything she wasn't capable of doing already.

But the Queen got that extra velocity out of her by challenging her to drive to make the "Double Click" and then turning up the spring force to cause her to have to drive harder to accomplish her goal of making the Double-Click. It's all goal oriented instead of a coach's opinion....you can't cheat it.

The girls love it because of the challenge.....we put a gauge on it to monitor her progress.

Here's the thing........if she never challenges herself to create more leg drive will she ever realize her full potential (answer: NO). So how do you get these girls to increase leg drive and be able to understand when she has....or not? Verbal commands/demands.....just don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also bought a Power carbon bat from core but only because of the reviews from trusted members such as coach James. Who can get feedback from multiple players. We all want products that will help our DDs get better but so many products once purchased don’t deliver the hype the advertise. 1 demo can be transferred by several coaches to get a lot of true reviews. We don’t trust reviews that only come from the company selling the product.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
But the Queen got that extra velocity out of her by challenging her to drive to make the "Double Click" and then turning up the spring force to cause her to have to drive harder to accomplish her goal of making the Double-Click. It's all goal oriented instead of a coach's opinion....you can't cheat it.

The girls love it because of the challenge.....we put a gauge on it to monitor her progress.

Here's the thing........if she never challenges herself to create more leg drive will she ever realize her full potential (answer: NO). So how do you get these girls to increase leg drive and be able to understand when she has....or not? Verbal commands/demands.....just don't work.
View attachment 13646

I can certainly see some utility in it, like I mentioned. I definitely also see where kids would think it's fun and enjoy doing it (although that doesn't mean much on it's own). Where I think where you lose some traction is when you begin to imply that without the tool, it's a foregone conclusion that no pitcher will ever reach their potential, or that it's impossible to increase leg drive without it. You might have better luck approaching established pitching coaches in a way that doesn't insinuate that they don't know how to/can't teach leg drive, and maybe instead offer it up as a "valuable tool" (in the apparent words of Coach Joseph) to help supplement their coaching. I think that's a concept that most would buy into and if they had the volume of students (or were a school that was going to spread that cost out over several students for several years) to make it worth the initial outlay, they might be persuaded to buy it. I think as it stands, there are definitely some bucket parents out there who would spring for it just on the velocity claims alone. This forum just isn't full of them, probably.

Just my $0.02. Good luck to you with it. I always hope small businesses do well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad