Putting work in 9yo 55 mph cages what do you see

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 5, 2014
Hips open, and the hands flatten and turn the barrel rearward as the barrel finds plane. The rearward turning barrel provides resistance that lets the hips open and the shoulders remain closed. This is called the overlap.
PujolsStretch_zps3b69bca1.gif

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Great progress on the posture.

That helped a bunch with the OTT move as FFS describes.

As you start to build the hands back & hip forward\hips start to turn sequence that should help with the "engine" that drives the swing.
Watch right after "stretch" comes blips in the gif:

modelhighschool.jpg

Just be careful here...IMO it's like teaching walking while chewing gum while patting your head and rubbing your tummy. LOTS GOING ON HERE! She's got great body coordination...she'll get it, just keep it slow and consistent...great job!

CP

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Working on coil and swing on command! A version of the command drill. Her posture looks much much better. Bat is considerably faster. Put her in post stride position and hold coil and scap. Would like to see a little more loading! But with this one i dont wont ask to much as she takes everything the extra mile! Im ok with the start of improving the posture and work UP from here! Overall she had a good day and was murdering live pitching! Excited to work again tomorrow!

This looks closer to how she looked before.

2m5f5ky.gif

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
im not worried about the elbo...i will work that out! This isnt a major problem! The hands will take care of this! this is also deceptive and slo mo doesnt always tell the tale, this is a bi product of another problem...This isnt the problem!

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
frisbee drill and top hand swivel drills are in her future...i also have a lil drill i made up...i call it rock the tri angle...probably already been made up but whatever!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It almost looks like she has been doing the Frisbee drill .... but incorrectly. I say this because her extension is not as good now, and we instead see more of an 'around' type swing. I'll sometimes see this from those that take the Frisbee drill too far.

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
refers to what drill as rhythm drill? she has never done frisbee drill. she sits down too much in her rear leg which is some of the problem. hands drop down and she isnt a pusher but a puller it looks like to me

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd