Pure barrels or cut!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You were there. You know how it was. Those twitter posts from SB are something that many of us have agreed on for years. We all agreed that "up front actions" are important. But as soon as we added the word "style" because there are different ways to accomplish it (hitter specific), certain folks would get bent out of shape.

by the way, have you checked his feed today? :censored:

You know as well as I do the discussion ended when there was recognition of the obliques as the power source from a leveraged fyb position (2 legged) and not the rear leg when utilizing the core pattern.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
You know as well as I do the discussion ended when there was recognition of the obliques as the power source from a leveraged fyb position (2 legged) and not the rear leg when utilizing the core pattern.

Show me where I ever stated the rear leg was the sole power source. I'll wait...

By the way, this is what I have been talking about regarding misrepresentation...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FYI... The reason I try to avoid the hitting forum is because of conversations like this. I should have stayed in the bleachers... Have fun everyone. Stay healthy and safe.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
FYI... The reason I try to avoid the hitting forum is because of conversations like this. I should have stayed in the bleachers... Have fun everyone. Stay healthy and safe.

I just comment on the sensible stuff. I stay away from the theorists and using this and that muscle garbage.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Show me where I ever stated the rear leg was the sole power source. I'll wait...

By the way, this is what I have been talking about regarding misrepresentation...

FP26, tell us your opinion of the swing and
I have no issue with this statement. Never have... I stated core and rear leg because that is what TDS typed. I just replied to his comment.

I view this like I do the current political climate. People are entitled to their own opinions. They are just not entitled to tell me what my opinion is...

Since its only opinions what's

Yes, we both agree that the core and rear leg are important.. Do you think all the great hitters use the core and rear leg in the same manner when swinging a bat ?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

All I have been saying for the 5 years or so is that we as teachers need to recognize the different patterns when teaching hitting.. Not all movements are compatible when teaching different patterns... So if that's an agenda then yes I am guilty.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP26, tell us your opinion of the swing and

Since its only opinions what's

Yes, we both agree that the core and rear leg are important.. Do you think all the great hitters use the core and rear leg in the same manner when swinging a bat ?

All great hitters? Yes. All hitters? No. There are certain absolutes that all great hitters utilize. There are other components that are individual styles.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
All great hitters? Yes. All hitters? No. There are certain absolutes that all great hitters utilize. There are other components that are individual styles.

Please share those absolutes and the sequence of movements (cause/effect).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi