Pure barrels or cut!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Seeing spin and adjusting is certainly something I did (or tried to at least) but the adjustment is a reactionary one based upon past experience of seeing curves..your brain extrapolates based upon previous experience to try and determine where the ball is going to end up and you (reactively) adjust your swing accordingly. I see that as being different than attempting to hit a certain part of the ball.
JMHO, Seeing actual spin on the ball.. vs seeing the path of the ball and extrapolating to predetermine where the ball will end is two different things. Yes if you can actually pick up a curve ball spin that will give you general idea what the ball is going to do which is certainly helpful. But in my experience my brain just took over, I don't think I relied on reading the spin too much.. but I'm far from being a pro :)

FYI, I think I'm agreeing with you again :)

May 12, 2016
So I must have been a freak I guess ;).. I didn't know what was coming but moved into a leveraged position to cover my zone unless of course there were 2 strikes then I became defensive to cover the whole zone. IOW's I dictated the ab not the pitcher unless 2 strikes.
Somethings you can control and somethings you can't.. getting in position to launch is something the hitter can always control which is why it's so important to perfect the sequence and approach

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I played slowpitch at the highest level you can play. Those hitters are not letting that ball get to the belt. They are hitting that ball at the chin level. BTW, if you think that those guys are "normal," they are not.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
JMHO, Seeing actual spin on the ball.. vs seeing the path of the ball and extrapolating to predetermine where the ball will end is two different things. Yes if you can actually pick up a curve ball spin that will give you general idea what the ball is going to do which is certainly helpful. But in my experience my brain just took over, I don't think I relied on reading the spin too much.. but I'm far from being a pro :)

FYI, I think I'm agreeing with you again :)

Absolutely !! If you have a good movement pattern reading the spin tells you to sit dynamically until go time.

3wLHMQV.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid