Pull with the front arm?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So, do you teach pull in the swing?

I think there is a strong pull, but' you don't try to help it. Swing is initiated with the back side, trying to help the pull creates lunging.

Jan 20, 2010

I think there is a strong pull, but' you don't try to help it. Swing is initiated with the back side, trying to help the pull creates lunging.

I wouldn't say pull with your front arm. But I have heard a lot of hitting coaches say drive your front elbow.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

You want you elbows working together..... when a girl is to dominate with the back arm and hitting pop-ups, having her pull with the lead hand fingers more will normally have her hit more line drives.
One way I teach the girls to fix themselves while they are up at the plate.

They hit one high foul and get a second chance, then I hope they can think, and make there own adjustment to fix it....

Straightleg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2012
Wi
[/QUOTE]I wouldn't say pull with your front arm. But I have heard a lot of hitting coaches say drive your front elbow.[/QUOTE]

Ive seen this cue misused causing kids to pull the bat around their body and causing the front shoulder to fly open. As with alot of cues in the wrong hands they can be dangerous

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
I wouldn't say pull with your front arm. But I have heard a lot of hitting coaches say drive your front elbow.[/QUOTE]

Ive seen this cue misused causing kids to pull the bat around their body and causing the front shoulder to fly open. As with alot of cues in the wrong hands they can be dangerous[/QUOTE]

I think you are absolutley right with your comments....If you say something that does not make you automatically smart. You have to know how to teach the message you are sending. Words are easy. Teaching correctly is a skill. I didn't say I used the words either, I said I have hears others use it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877