Pull down or pull in?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
So my dd has a huge problem with muscling her pitches. She's not always done this, but recently it's gotten bad. I've tried to be very careful about what I tell her and other kids on our team when coaching the pitchers, trying to figure out what's right? I was telling her to pull the ball down, but that's not working and I'm not sure that's what I'm doing when I pitch? When I pitch, and I think about pulling down its not really what I feel I'm doing. I feel like I'm pulling into my side, not down. so I started to tell her instead of pulling down "pull triceps into side while keeping the rest of the arm loose" she's very literal. I also wonder if u should be saying to pull at all? I just don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
The trick is finding a cue that works for each kid. Rick's cue is much easier to relate to than pulling, adducting, etc...

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
One of my favorite verbal ques is to remind them to keep the palms oriented up as the elbow leads the rotation.... this will allow for a very loose and natural whip to occur. Once this becomes muscle memory, then you can focus on more finger snap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole