Pujols

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Revealing moment for me....

starting at 16 - 25 seconds

If I am understanding correctly and IMHO, it kind of contradicts what he has been saying in some of his demos.

Jun 8, 2016
Revealing moment for me....

starting at 16 - 25 seconds

If I am understanding correctly and IMHO, it kind of contradicts what he has been saying in some of his demos.

In other words nobody was messing with his swing or looking at it that closely until they needed to..I think I've heard somebody say that before..I'll just wait now for the inevitable response from a certain somebody regarding this..

Edit: To be fair him saying he is dropping his hands like that isn't the same as the hands to the ball stuff he was preaching...

May 12, 2016
In other words nobody was messing with his swing or looking at it that closely until they needed to..I think I've heard somebody say that before..I'll just wait now for the inevitable response from a certain somebody regarding this..

Edit: To be fair him saying he is dropping his hands like that isn't the same as the hands to the ball stuff he was preaching...
LOL, I agree it's not at all :). I had to re-watch again though just to be sure. He does say however that "the bat angle come from underneath his shoulder, not above"

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I guess these posts/thread are for me? Lol.

‘So Me and Big Mac would talk hitting everyday’. I remember that quote somewhere... I remember watching Mac instruct AP in the cages when he was in StL. So there’s that. And most likely countless others I’m sure.

No one said to chop down on the ball. I have said ‘chop a tree’ like Ted said 50 years ago. That was about articulations of the hands. So yeah.

But attacking from the top is a fundamental. Hopefully there isn’t an argument there. This ensures no ‘dropping’ of the hands or barrel to early. Which creates the most direct/shortest line to the ball.( if your load is bad, staying on top is hard).

It’s obvious these guys swing down. From where their hands are, there isn’t a better route . Swinging up from back behind your shoulder is long and loopy and/or non adjustable. Pretty obvious. But I guess we can go another few rounds over it. If we need too. 🙃

‘I tried that last year, I got lot of strike outs’.

Ps. I believe the original clip is about AP cutting off his swing(actively coiling his shoulders).

May 12, 2016
I guess these posts/thread are for me? Lol.

‘So Me and Big Mac would talk hitting everyday’. I remember that quote somewhere... I remember watching Mac instruct AP in the cages when he was in StL. So there’s that. And most likely countless others I’m sure.

No one said to chop down on the ball. I have said ‘chop a tree’ like Ted said 50 years ago. That was about articulations of the hands. So yeah.

But attacking from the top is a fundamental. Hopefully there isn’t an argument there. This ensures no ‘dropping’ of the hands or barrel to early. Which creates the most direct/shortest line to the ball.( if your load is bad, staying on top is hard).

It’s obvious these guys swing down. From where their hands are, there isn’t a better route . Swinging up from back behind your shoulder is long and loopy and/or non adjustable. Pretty obvious. But I guess we can go another few rounds over it. If we need too. 🙃

‘I tried that last year, I got lot of strike outs’.

Ps. I believe the original clip is about AP cutting off his swing(actively coiling his shoulders).

I didn't post anything for you personally... if you recall I agreed with swinging down as well. I'm always seeking the truth however, in this case I got a little confused with the action AP was alluding to.

My DD's load is bad, staying on top is hard for her. That's why hitting of pitching machines she has so much difficulty and seems to be under the ball(Pitching machine balls just float and don't drop). She crushes the ball low in the zone and any pitcher (no matter how hard they throw) who have a ball that drops a little.

Anyway enough about my DD :). This wasn't posted to bait you, just so you know

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
PujolsStretch.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13