Public Service Announcement

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
In most circumstances in a first and third situation, a kid taking second without a throw should be awarded a stolen base and it shouldn’t be scored as defensive indifference.

Sorry watching too much GC lately..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter's HS catcher was 0-32 on stolen base attempts this season. More than 75% had no throw. The father questioned me as to why they weren't defensive indifference, so I showed him the definition. He wasn't pleased...

Apr 21, 2021
Felt the same way after this past high school season. One scorer used it 14 times in one game. Honestly, GC should just remove it as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2020
I use the NCAA definition for defensive indifference when scoring - only in the bottom half of the last inning.

Now wild pitch vs passed ball? That I have trouble with….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
My daughter's HS catcher was 0-32 on stolen base attempts this season. More than 75% had no throw. The father questioned me as to why they weren't defensive indifference, so I showed him the definition. He wasn't pleased...
He should be questioning why he hasn’t put her in catching lessons or if he has why he didn’t switch instructors..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
He should be questioning why he hasn’t put her in catching lessons or if he has why he didn’t switch instructors..
She occasionally works with my older daughter's trainer, who was 8-22 on stolen bases in 2022. I say occasionally because he doesn't think she needs regular lessons. He's delusional.

Jan 22, 2011
Can I get my DD's stats for 10u revised? She might need her stats for her sophomore year of high school fixed as well.

Now wild pitch vs passed ball? That I have trouble with….

Easy.... when my daughter is pitching it is a wild pitch and when she was catching, it is a passed ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi