Public service announcement for AZ

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019

....:) had to re-read that its like a mind twister...words with math question...painful kinda lol

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.
Phew...:)
What I meant was I think they saved Fouts for the possible game 3 since they thought it was going to be the same day. The thinking being she was going to only throw one of the two games and you would rather it. be the second one the the first one. I’m not saying I agree, just offering a possible explanation

Oct 14, 2019
bama had won 20 in a row. fouts pitched every inning in the sec tournament which bama won. fouts had 30 k’s and no bb’s in the cws. by sitting fouts bama went from invincible to vincible.

Jul 5, 2016
The commentators were saying that FSU used a different approach to hitting to get to Fouts - put the ball in play and then rely on their speed. As opposed to Arizona and Oklahoma State who were taking bigger swings - commentators words, not mine. In any case, yesterday's game reinforced the most correct point I ever heard a coach (12U) make to his team - you can't win if you don't score.

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
It seemed very obvious that fouts ball didn’t have the movement last night that it has had for the last 3-4 weeks when she has been absolutely on fire. Combine that with a disciplined approach by FSU of not chasing balls out of the zone and that is what killed Bama. I am not sure why he sat Fouts Sunday but sure it will get debated for a long time. If Fouts develops a good change up or offspeed pitch she will be something to watch next year for sure.

Will be interesting to see how FSU goes after Oklahoma. They have done a great job of making adjustments so far in WCWS. Can they do it one more time to win the series?

Jul 5, 2016
Kilfoyl pitched well on Sunday. If the offense can't come up with 3 runs to match the 2 that the defense allowed, that's on them.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
bama had won 20 in a row. fouts pitched every inning in the sec tournament which bama won. fouts had 30 k’s and no bb’s in the cws. by sitting fouts bama went from invincible to vincible.
Does sitting a player after that performance take the wind out of their sails?
Body exhausted relaxes.
Tired engine low on gas hard to restart maybe?!

It seemed very obvious that fouts ball didn’t have the movement last night that it has had for the last 3-4 weeks when she has been absolutely on fire.

Combine that with a disciplined approach by FSU of not chasing balls out of the zone and that is what killed Bama. I am not sure why he sat Fouts Sunday but sure it will get debated for a long time. If Fouts develops a good change up or offspeed pitch she will be something to watch next year for sure.

Will be interesting to see how FSU goes after Oklahoma. They have done a great job of making adjustments so far in WCWS. Can they do it one more time to win the series?

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
I yelled at the TV but nobody heard me. LOL.

I'm in the same club. Now I understand Elvis.

SBJ200204081801-01.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00