Proud Dad weekend at NSA state tourney (Brag Coming)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I know I enjoy all the success stories I read on the forums and I finally have a good one to share.

Last weekend DD's team attended the State NSA tourney. DD pitched 25 innings in total and the only game she pitched in where her team lost was in the championship game. In that game she threw 2 scoreless innings striking out 6. They lost 4-2 to a good team. It was the 3rd game of the day and I think our girls played well.

Here is where it really got good for DD. She has never been a big hitter but she works really hard and things are starting to click for her in the box. Over the course of the weekend she had 2 doubles and 2 triples along with a few singles, walks and a few k's. The big hit came in the bottom of the 6th inning after time had expired, against a rival team we had lost to earlier in the weekend. We were down 10-8 with 2 outs and the bases juiced. She had 2 strikes on her when she ripped a line drive walk off bases clearing triple over the left fielder to win the game and get her team in the championship game. I have probably never been more proud of her on the field as I was then. Everyone went crazy and it was sweet to send our rivals packing as we were moving on. It was a huge boost for her confidence and it was a time I will cherish for a very long time. Thanks for letting me boast a little.

PTC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes