Proud Dad Moment...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
DD is playing varsity this year as a freshman... but despite her throwing 58-60 mph with good control of her drop, curve, and change-up... the coach is not starting her as a pitcher, because:

1) She's their best catcher
2) She's too fast for anyone on the team to catch (BS line by the coach).

Being that I work with all three pitchers on the team, the senior pitcher asked if she could catch for her... as she knows how hard my DD works. Somehow... the coach bit and DD was asked to close-out the game in the 7th. 3 K's, no hits/runs (4 batters, 1 reached 1st on an infield error). It was her first varsity pitching experience and against the opponents 3,4,5, 6 hitters... she was pretty stoked.

But... there's more...

Went 4-5 at the plate... 1 stand-up triple (no fence), 1 double, and 2 singles. 3 RBI's and 3 runs scored.... her other at bat was a blast to left that the defense made a great catch on.

Here's the triple:

2na5yeq.jpg

Anyway... I'll shut up now... just really happy for my tall glass of water... ;)

EDIT: I should also note the accomplishments of some of my students, too... it's been a great week:

7 students threw no hitters
5 students threw 1 hitters (that's for you CP... ;) )

and...

2 students threw perfect games... one of which was featured in a USA Today article!

Great job gang!!!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
DD is playing varsity this year as a freshman... but despite her throwing 58-60 mph with good control of her drop, curve, and change-up... the coach is not starting her as a pitcher, because:

1) She's their best catcher
2) She's too fast for anyone on the team to catch (BS line by the coach).

Being that I work with all three pitchers on the team, the senior pitcher asked if she could catch for her... as she knows how hard my DD works. Somehow... the coach bit and DD was asked to close-out the game in the 7th. 3 K's, no hits/runs (4 batters, 1 reached 1st on an infield error). It was her first varsity pitching experience and against the opponents 3,4,5, 6 hitters... she was pretty stoked.

But... there's more...

Went 4-5 at the plate... 1 stand-up triple (no fence), 1 double, and 2 singles. 3 RBI's and 3 runs scored.... her other at bat was a blast to left that the defense made a great catch on.

Here's the triple:

2na5yeq.jpg

Anyway... I'll shut up now... just really happy for my tall glass of water... ;)

EDIT: I should also note the accomplishments of some of my students, too... it's been a great week:

3 students threw 1 hitters (that's for you CP... ;) )

and...

2 students threw perfect games... one of which was featured in a USA Today article!

Great job gang!!!

Chloe rocks...

It's about freakin' time you acknowledge my girlies LOL

CP

Jul 10, 2011
dd is playing varsity this year as a freshman... But despite her throwing 58-60 mph with good control of her drop, curve, and change-up... The coach is not starting her as a pitcher, because:

1) she's their best catcher
2) she's too fast for anyone on the team to catch (bs line by the coach).

Being that i work with all three pitchers on the team, the senior pitcher asked if she could catch for her... As she knows how hard my dd works. Somehow... The coach bit and dd was asked to close-out the game in the 7th. 3 k's, no hits/runs (4 batters, 1 reached 1st on an infield error). It was her first varsity pitching experience and against the opponents 3,4,5, 6 hitters... She was pretty stoked.

But... There's more...

Went 4-5 at the plate... 1 stand-up triple (no fence), 1 double, and 2 singles. 3 rbi's and 3 runs scored.... Her other at bat was a blast to left that the defense made a great catch on.

Here's the triple:

2na5yeq.jpg

anyway... I'll shut up now... Just really happy for my tall glass of water... ;)

edit: I should also note the accomplishments of some of my students, too... It's been a great week:

3 students threw 1 hitters (that's for you cp... ;) )

and...

2 students threw perfect games... One of which was featured in a usa today article!

Great job gang!!!

beast mode!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Sounds like your girls will have an amazing season. Great story....and I agree that the coach is full of it by saying no one can catch her.
\|/|\/|\/|\/|\ (that's my BS flag waving back and forth) :confused:

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I love the brag posts. Congrats to your dd, and although its nerve wracking to watch as the dad, its great to hear that yes a pitcher can catch.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Man oh man...your DD is soooooo lucky to have you as her pitching coach!!!! I wish I had half the knowledge you have in re: pitching. Anyway congrats to your DD...'tis no surprise! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA