progression for teaching NEW kids?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Can people vouch for the Bustos vids? I was curious but then when I saw she took the previews off of youtube I didn't want to try one out site unseen

When the videos first came out the people here that were recommending the videos commented that what was being taught was something other than her swing. After that others posted significant differences between her actual game swings and what was being taught.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
BassMan, I don't know about this video. Kid loads outside her back knee, no hip coil, weak stretch and fire. Other than that, it's great! :)

You lost me. Not sure what video you were refering too. What I find really funny and sad is, look at all the examples good or bad. Have 'we' not used them all for good/not so good examples? Here is a hitting 'guru' passing all this stuff off as his own. This is 'our stuff' 'our ideas' 'our examples'. This guy is making money off of what we have posted and discussed.

Jul 10, 2008
Central PA
You lost me. Not sure what video you were refering too. What I find really funny and sad is, look at all the examples good or bad. Have 'we' not used them all for good/not so good examples? Here is a hitting 'guru' passing all this stuff off as his own. This is 'our stuff' 'our ideas' 'our examples'. This guy is making money off of what we have posted and discussed.

I was talking about the video you linked. As far as the other stuff, I should've been more handy with a high-speed camera! :)

Actually, I'm too ugly to market hitting videos. JS looks like Superman.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hello? Chas? I am ready for my new hitting lesson.
epcotPB.jpg

;)

Jul 10, 2008
Central PA
Ah . . . now I get what you're saying, rdb. I only looked at the top video in the article and now I get it. He was explaining what softball instruction has been like (hence the bad videos).

You're right, everything in that article has been discussed on here (and HI and BBD). People who buy these programs could get this same instruction for free. It's like a great coaching friend of mine told me everytime I gave a free hitting lesson, "They'll believe you more if you charge them $20 to listen."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craig052