New 10U in Texas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2020
Hey Everyone, new to the site with a daughter beginning her 1st 10U season this fall.

I’ve been browsing the forums looking for some bat advice and other beginner 10U drills. I’m all about development so if you have any lessons learned and advice I’d love to hear it. We play league ball and I bring as much college baseball “has been” knowledge as I can.

My kid has been swinging a CFX 28/18 throughout 8U and it’s been great. She’s average size for a 9 year old and has great bat speed, but I know it’s about time to go longer. We tried a 30/19 LTX, it slowed her way down and really effected her swing.
I’m looking at the PRISM or CF in a 29/19 or 29/18. Any opinions on a 29inch Bat in 10U? Is that to small? As I understand DeMarini swings a bit lighter that Louisville.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Welcome to DFP, great place for lots of info and the people are great.

On the bat, my advice would be to let her swing anything you can find and let her decide what she likes. If she's not comfortable, she won't swing it and probably borrow Suzy's bat with the pretty colors. Once she decides, see if you can find a used one. Look on FB, Sideline Swap, or Play It Again. They grow so fast at that age she will outgrow bats like crazy. Mine is 2nd yr 12U and has gone thru 3 bats from 29" to now 32" in 4 years.

If you are going to buy a new bat, contact @CoreSoftball20 here. He has great prices and carries just about everything but Louisville bats. Bought a Ghost Advanced from him earlier this year and got a great deal.

Good luck and again, welcome to DFP.

Jul 27, 2020
Thanks guys, I hadn’t heard of sideline swap or play it again. Great point about outgrowing everything at this stage in life, puts a new spin on how much I want to throw down on a bat. I’m hoping with lots of leagues on break before fall there will be some descent options out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles