Pro swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2008
Prior to the game,what was the distance to the hitter from which the pitcher was throwing BP ? Also,at approximately what speed was the ball being thrown during BP?Are they using BP to pitch to locations(inside vs outside or up vs down ) to get them ready for what they will see in the game or are they throwing floaters down the middle so the kids can put on a show by hitting them 270'?

Oct 19, 2009
Coach Larabee at Arkansas was one of the better hitting coaches we have worked with. He spent a bunch of time with Howard-Hitter learning and he is a student of the game. The dd always enjoyed Mike's small ball camps-clinics.

I was wanting to go to one of their games and study Arkansas hitters also,we have games when they play in Alabama and Tennessee, which is when they play close to us, so we may not can make. If something happens and my daughters games are cancled we will be there.

Jun 3, 2010
Coach Murphy pithced all of Alabamas BP, He was releasing the ball at about 38', and it appeared to me he was throwing the P out of it.

Coach Lou and an assistant threw to two batters at the same time during the GA practice, they seemed to be a tad closer and were throwing it very hard. I thought GA's two batters at one time for BP was pretty neat, they had all kinds of screens set up to protect the two pitchers and infielders.

Oct 19, 2009
Coach Murphy pithced all of Alabamas BP, He was releasing the ball at about 38', and it appeared to me he was throwing the P out of it.

Coach Lou and an assistant threw to two batters at the same time during the GA practice, they seemed to be a tad closer and were throwing it very hard. I thought GA's two batters at one time for BP was pretty neat, they had all kinds of screens set up to protect the two pitchers and infielders.

That is how I saw it, all the BP Pitchers were doing the walking throw. Murphy started from the mound the GA pitchers started a little closer. They were behind screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi