pregame routines/warmups?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2013
Im looking for ideas on how to get more out of the pregame rountine/warmup. i coach middle school girls and our season begins in a few weeks. we usually keep about 20 girls and have 2 teams, A and B. they start by taking 2 laps around the field and then they stretch. then they throw with a partner for 5 minutes or so. in the past i then have the pitcher and catcher off to the side getting loose and then the other starters out in the field and i hit balls to each girl. each time through the girls field and throw for a different situation. its pretty generic and i think i could definitely better prepare the girls for the game by implementing a better pregame routine. what are some of the pregame warmups/routines that you think are best? thanks in advance.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Freddy, I so glad that you asked this question. I had 2 sisters come in for hitting lessons (ages 16 and 17), this morning and they described exactly what you are describing. They told me that they hit off of the machine, while 9 girls stand around on the diamond. Then, they swing at a heavy dummy, that doesn't move, and then, they hit a basketball with their bats. They told me that their arms hurt. I said "No wonder." I quickly described stations to them and we worked some fun drills, that cost very little to put together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild