Pre Pitch Foot Slide Issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
I have been working with a kid who is having some issues with her foot slide. We are using the slide like Java advocates for many of his students. She is having a tough time letting her drive foot center naturally and instead forcing it a little. It's to the point that the drive foot will either be right next to or even overlapping her stride foot before push off. She knows what is expected of her, we have broken it down many times but it still seems to keep coming back.

Anyone experience any issues like this and have any fixes?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
I would suspect her sequencing is off. If her lean is established, the slide becomes part of a strike (push). Should also start with feet spaced and staggered... as much as the real estate you are standing on, allows.

If you're transferring weight while leaning... it's a no teach... sorta just happens.

Video is always good...

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I noticed from doing it with my dd. That if they start slow like Javas video suggests, do the "tap.....tap" thing. Once they can do it right slowly then start speeding it up to "tap, tap"? This was hard for my dd cuz she wants to do everything at hundred mpr. Sometimes I still have remind dd to make sure all weight gets transferred.o

I hate tacos- said no Juan anywhere

Dec 4, 2013
I would suspect her sequencing is off. If her lean is established, the slide becomes part of a strike (push). Should also start with feet spaced and staggered... as much as the real estate you are standing on, allows.

If you're transferring weight while leaning... it's a no teach... sorta just happens.

Video is always good...

Bingo..... It's been more of a "slide then lean" as opposed to "slide and lean".

Thank You. I will get some more vid to you soon....

You're better than Siri! Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA