Prayer requestsS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Thank you so much for the information, CMMom1740. Did you ever have treatment before for your endo? I know I was told my debilitating pain was in my head. At my high school, we have a male school nurse. One day when I was first getting severe pain when I was either ovulating or even on my actual period...I just couldn't stand the pain any more. So I went to the nurse. I'm holding my pelvic area almost in tears and I was told that I don't have any pain and it was all in my head and I was just supposed to go back to class. I'm thinking OMG, really! I went back to class thinking I was losing it that I wasn't in actual pain. But I still have pain even though it isn't always bad pain. I, too, always thought it was just a part of my period. I'm educating myself on the topic. I'm not going to get a hysterectomy unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm young yet (17) and I want to have kids. I want to be able to have a daughter that plays softball and be able to coach her one day. I wish I could find a better solution to the problems that endometriosis causes.

I had some pain earlier in life, but it got worse as I got older and particularly so the last five years or so before my hysterectomy. Of course, I had nothing to compare it to so I thought it was just bad cramps. But it got to the point where I would start to feel really, really bad pain in my lower back the day before my period started and that pain stuck around through at least the first two days. Pain to the point where I would sometimes catch myself crying (and I'm not a wimp about pain). But there are definitely options before a hysterectomy and the IUD is one of them. Just do not listen to those who give you grief about it. I was having to take 4 extra strength ibuprofen to kill the pain every 6 hours or so and that's a ton of drugs. Just because you're young, they should not dismiss you. Get a doctor's note to carry with you and put it on file with the school nurse.

Nov 18, 2013
Thank you for reminding us there’s things a lot more important than the game itself. Good luck Gabby and prayers for a speedy recovery to you and your friend.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I had some pain earlier in life, but it got worse as I got older and particularly so the last five years or so before my hysterectomy. Of course, I had nothing to compare it to so I thought it was just bad cramps. But it got to the point where I would start to feel really, really bad pain in my lower back the day before my period started and that pain stuck around through at least the first two days. Pain to the point where I would sometimes catch myself crying (and I'm not a wimp about pain). But there are definitely options before a hysterectomy and the IUD is one of them. Just do not listen to those who give you grief about it. I was having to take 4 extra strength ibuprofen to kill the pain every 6 hours or so and that's a ton of drugs. Just because you're young, they should not dismiss you. Get a doctor's note to carry with you and put it on file with the school nurse.

I have nothing really to compare the pain I'm experiencing either. When I am on my period with this, it's the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. It's worse than when I broke my elbow playing softball. It's worse than when I broke my leg trying to snowboard when I was 10. I'm like you and am currently experiencing pain in my lower back and it goes clear up to my belly in the front. Keep in mind, my period started today and lasts usually 5 days. I had a lot of pain when I tried to insert my menstrual cup this morning and I had a hard time getting it in (I know...TMI). I'm not one to cry...but I have been today. I had my Mirena inserted this afternoon...and it hurt to get it put in...but not nearly as bad as the pain from the possible endometriosis. My regular doctor gave me a prescription for Tramadol...but I never took any of it. 3 Motrin takes the edge off of it but it still hurts. I have a note that I'm taking to school tomorrow after I have my orthodontist appointment tomorrow morning and after tomorrow, I'll be out of school until Monday when I come back. Granted, I'll be missing our next away game and I'll be missing our next softball tournament...but my health is a little more important than playing a game.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Thank you for reminding us there’s things a lot more important than the game itself. Good luck Gabby and prayers for a speedy recovery to you and your friend.

Thank you, MNDad for the good luck, speedy recovery and well wishes. I just spoke to my teammate who's battling cancer and she's in high spirits even though she just had her port installed and got her first dose of chemo. I'm in high spirits as well although I'm in a lot of pain and just had the first part of my treatment today. I'm hoping surgery goes well, Wednesday and this becomes more manageable.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I have nothing really to compare the pain I'm experiencing either. When I am on my period with this, it's the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. It's worse than when I broke my elbow playing softball. It's worse than when I broke my leg trying to snowboard when I was 10. I'm like you and am currently experiencing pain in my lower back and it goes clear up to my belly in the front. Keep in mind, my period started today and lasts usually 5 days. I had a lot of pain when I tried to insert my menstrual cup this morning and I had a hard time getting it in (I know...TMI). I'm not one to cry...but I have been today. I had my Mirena inserted this afternoon...and it hurt to get it put in...but not nearly as bad as the pain from the possible endometriosis. My regular doctor gave me a prescription for Tramadol...but I never took any of it. 3 Motrin takes the edge off of it but it still hurts. I have a note that I'm taking to school tomorrow after I have my orthodontist appointment tomorrow morning and after tomorrow, I'll be out of school until Monday when I come back. Granted, I'll be missing our next away game and I'll be missing our next softball tournament...but my health is a little more important than playing a game.

Good luck to you. Just know that there's a sisterhood of women who understand and know you aren't faking or exaggerating. Keep fighting to get relief!

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I have to let you in on something I was sworn not to tell about - Remember that 6'-4", 250 lb softball coach that told my daughter it was all in her head? well he hurt his knee badly and couldn't get off the floor of the bathroom. one of the EMTs who responded to the call said he "cried like a baby". funny how some of the people who are quick to dismiss pain in a woman have so little tolerance of it themselves :D

Jul 5, 2016
I have to let you in on something I was sworn not to tell about - Remember that 6'-4", 250 lb softball coach that told my daughter it was all in her head? well he hurt his knee badly and couldn't get off the floor of the bathroom. one of the EMTs who responded to the call said he "cried like a baby". funny how some of the people who are quick to dismiss pain in a woman have so little tolerance of it themselves :D

Darn. I thought you were going to say that the EMT said, "It's all in your head".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying