Power outage...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Sure, here is a swing from the fall when she was consistently launching line drives to the gaps. I still see the bat dropping, but better swing plane perhaps; again I am in the early stages here myself, so just trying to digest the feedback (probably a month's worth in the DBSF threads alone).

https://youtu.be/v8eu7iDiTQ0

I see most of the same issues in both swings (some of which mentioned above). Adding the step may have compounded the issue rdbass was speaking of regarding weight shift which in turn may effect bat path a bit.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The drop the bat and swing down is also in this swing.
This might have accounted for the power in the past:
tumblr_osbt2ddjFJ1usf292o1_250.gif

In this swing shows 'bat drag'. Works against slower pitchers but, as the pitchers get better and faster not so much. Bat drag makes for a longgggg swing.
tumblr_osbti0ICmD1usf292o1_250.gif

I'm guessing your DD is being taught 'to point her rear foot toes to china'. Looks to me that it's creating a front leg pivot point. I'm more of a rear hip/rear leg pivot point.
I see a touch of it here but, almost like your DD's body is 'fighting' to sale out to it fully.
tumblr_osa8goycBx1usf292o1_400.gif

Just guessing on my part.
Again JMHO. Just because I commented & gave suggestions doesn't mean I don't like your DD's swing but, you asked 'why the power outage'.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2016
Thanks rdbass for the GIFs and your expertise, and the comments from others as well. Lots for us to sift through, but invaluable feedback from you all.

Mar 6, 2016
Apologies for the subpar video, but DD's s been working on the DBSF issue and I was hoping for some quick feedback on a recent swing. I see that the drift and downward swing plane issues remain, but I feel like she's starting to at least understand the bat drop issue. Happy for any feedback, including whether I'm tackling the issues in the wrong sequence, or just generally doing it wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oU0Tm8Bc8

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Going to cut my lawn now. Will comment later. Hopefully others will in the mean time:
tumblr_osqt1aFlDl1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_osquseBvrS1usf292o1_250.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
When you get back put the clip up of the stretch between the hand and rear hip

tumblr_osoxe3nHMy1usf292o1_400.gif

Trying to make a gif with 30fps. I'm seeing all back all forward.
I do like the 'direction' that this hitter is working towards or getting towards. Still a nice swing for a 10u.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_osquseBvrS1usf292o1_250.gif

Also move the tee back towards your DD. You'll be surprised that the downward swing path might improve.
Get rid of the sway. Add a FBC, separation of the hands as your DD coils forward will hopefully eliminate the all back all forward. During the forward your DD's hands are also going forward. Not what a hitter wants. The separation is where the power comes from. When her hands do go forward your DD does turn the barrel nicely. Just would like to not see the hands going forward first before the turning of the barrel. I hate being the bad guy. Again still a nice swing for a 10u. Things to work on in the future.
30fps( sorry so small. Free gif maker):
tumblr_osqvx9smOU1usf292o1_250.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi