Possible shoulder injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
FYI for future:
I am not a fan of the 9 o'clock frame or arm whip or K drill or whatever we each call it--That is when you come from the backside position of the circle. I see all kinds of weird arm angles when the girls do those, plus off synch with the legs and trying to hurry it up. Only go to 12 o'clock.
You really need your legs under you for anything past that and it should come from the front side of the circle; what is above is IMO over-rotation.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Thanks for all the feedback. It is looking like she aggravated her pectoral muscle. She has been resting it for the last two days. She has been icing down the shoulder since the injury. I read that after 48 hours on muscle injuries, you should go to heat. Is it time to start heating the area?

Apr 27, 2009
I am not an expert but yes. I skip the ice myself and go to heat after rest. I only use ice for swelling injuries. I remember a PT telling me that if ice feels better (such as broken thumb, jaw pain) use ice, if heat feels good (such as strained back or muscle), use heat.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I am very uncomfortable with medical advice on this forum. While there is a lot of knowledge about softball here, there are much better sources for medical treatment such as The Mayo Clinic or WebMD.

If there is a chance that your DD is injured, you should be talking to her doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish