Portable speakers blaring at tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I play a lot of Johnny Rivers, Paul Revere and the Raiders and some Bocephus. If I am really acting out, I put on some Tommy James and the Shondells.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
My team uses one and I really don't like it 90% of the time. What I do like and will always have one as long as I'm involved is in the Semi Finals of a double elim tournament the opposing teams were dancing together before the game began, enjoying summer and being 14.

Jul 15, 2015
I'm a fan of playing music for warm ups. We carry a small 3 inch speaker. I have a playlist of songs on my iPod just for warm ups. Nothing dirty. We are rocking out to Neil Diamond, CCR, mc hammer, ac/dc, and others. I have also added reminders so I know for example when I need to have my pitchers warming up, or when we should be done stretching. Helps me stay on time without checking my phone every couple minutes. Once the ump calls us for the coin flip the music is put away.

Feb 7, 2013
We are rocking out to Neil Diamond, CCR, mc hammer, ac/dc, and others. I have also added reminders so I know for example when I need to have my pitchers warming up, or when we should be done stretching.

I think my DD and her teammates would shoot the coaches with that playlist. Their preferred music is more like Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, and the like, artists that are under 30 ; )

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I'm a fan of playing music for warm ups. We carry a small 3 inch speaker. I have a playlist of songs on my iPod just for warm ups. Nothing dirty. We are rocking out to Neil Diamond, CCR, mc hammer, ac/dc, and others. I have also added reminders so I know for example when I need to have my pitchers warming up, or when we should be done stretching. Helps me stay on time without checking my phone every couple minutes. Once the ump calls us for the coin flip the music is put away.

Publicize that playlist before tryouts and you'll get people showing up to play adult (or senior) coed slowpitch!

Jul 15, 2015
We may have one or two under 30 artist on the list. I did take request. For example the ac/dc is by request. My number 1 loves the song playball. I'm not a fan but you can bet it plays when the pitchers are warming up. The one song the girls can't get enough of is centerfield. These girls are all 9u or younger. I'm sure it won't be long till they want more pop and country on the list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877