Pool play Pins at Tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2019
We have a small 14U/18U tournament every summer. One of our volunteers offered to purchase pins for each team to present to the player on the other team they feel was the MVP.
my question: do they still do pins at 14U +18U? I dont remember seeing them beyond 12U.
TIA

Jun 1, 2015
One local 12U tournament I umpire for each summer (usually like 6-8 teams) does a deal where, after each game, each team gives one of the two game balls to the player on the other team who they felt was their MVP. At that age level, the ladies still appreciate the sentiment, and it's nice to see the coaches talk with the girls about who they felt on the other team did the best, regardless of the score/situation/pool play or bracket, etc. Shows good sportsmanship during the tournament vs. after, etc.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
One local 12U tournament I umpire for each summer (usually like 6-8 teams) does a deal where, after each game, each team gives one of the two game balls to the player on the other team who they felt was their MVP. At that age level, the ladies still appreciate the sentiment, and it's nice to see the coaches talk with the girls about who they felt on the other team did the best, regardless of the score/situation/pool play or bracket, etc. Shows good sportsmanship during the tournament vs. after, etc.

DD's last 12u tournament, the other team gave her a multi-colored Freedom Fastpitch (team name)/Wounded Warriors bracelet/wrist band as their "token" of game MVP. Perceptively a small gesture, but DD wore that thing for a couple months at least. And it sits next her other trophy/medals she's collected since 10u. It meant something to her.

Haven't seen anything like that in the 14u/16u tournaments she's played in since.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00