poloitics, parents play a role in your travel team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2010
The big takeaway for me from last year is that you have to separate friends and players/families. You are coach first, then friends. If the two cant be separated, feelings will be hurt and friendships lost. I've also come to realize that no matter how much you put into the team or how well your intentions are, you will not please everyone. All you can do is make good decisions as best you can and live by them.

Written contracts help, and clear and open communication is a must. Even with these, I have suspended and even removed players from my roster mid-season. As long as everything is documented up front problem parents shouldnt be surprised if punishments are handed down.

This year for my boys team (I am not coaching a FP team this year) I darn near wrote a novel outlining the 2012 plan. I figure too much is better than not enough. My team is pretty well organized and people get along well, but even still, the handbook has all ready helped in several instances.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The big takeaway for me from last year is that you have to separate friends and players/families. You are coach first, then friends. If the two cant be separated, feelings will be hurt and friendships lost.

I am still unhappy about last year, I think DD was treated unfairly and a few other softball things happened I am still not happy with. The Manager and his DW is a friend of ours. My DW and his DW are really good friends, our DDs sleep over at each other houses and do a lot of activities together.

He will never be DD’s manager again, not worth the cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell