*POLL~12u team~ What do you think about mandatory...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would you play for this team?

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Thats Ridiculous

Votes: 48 64.0%
  • Thats Fantastic

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Oct 16, 2019
I would not want to have to do this, nor would any of my DD's, I don't think anyways. School work, other activities (gymnastics, dance, etc) need some time as well until she figures out what direction she is wanting to go. My 9 year old is the one who really loves to play softball, and she is good at it...I would hate for her to get burnt out on the one activity she does that could possibly get her into college. Just my opinion, and I know that may not be a popular one on this forum, but forcing her to do this may help her on the field, but then she may just decide she does not want to be on the field at all if the fun is gone.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
some players need to be prodded into putting in the work and other players have parents that push them to put in the work and the real players ask her parents to take her to the park so she can get better.
Very important feedback
Sir Rolling!

Will say this
The players do respond to connecting this way.
They see their teammates working out.
'putting in the work'.

imo
This topic can seperate the crowd.

Mar 28, 2020
Getting old my seeing and reading skills are slipping!!!!

With Home work and Viola practice I am rushing out the house to get her to practice on time two times a week ..... now you are adding additional work on practice days..... heck with the DD.... I don't want none of that stress on me... and for a 6th grader..... Nope nada...

Aug 23, 2016
I think it would depend on the workouts. Are there specific workouts that the coach wants the girls to do, or does coach just want evidence that the kids are doing something softball-related every day? Right now DD has a hard enough time juggling practice, pitching and batting lessons, and games with her school work. She also runs and has an online workout program, plus at-home drills given to her by her pitching and batting coaches. I think adding another daily workout would burn her out pretty quickly.

Nov 18, 2013
Daily is too extreme. DD had her players sending video due to Covid when they weren’t allowed to meet in person. That seemed like a good idea both to provide accountability and allow her to give feedback. I wouldn’t see a need for it if they’re able to practice normally.

May 6, 2015
not possible for DD in nonsoftball season, she practices her other sport 3 days a week, softball twice a week, private lesson once a week, and we give her one day completely off to be a teenage girl. if this means she never plays college, let alone D1, oh well, not certain she wants to play in college (other sport is actually her primary focus most of the time).

unless they are driving themselves to work out every day they do not have team activity, they should not be forced to do it. that team is not right fit for them (but is for the player who is doing that kind of work on their own initiative, that type of team has its place).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA