*POLL~12u team~ What do you think about mandatory...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would you play for this team?

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Thats Ridiculous

Votes: 48 64.0%
  • Thats Fantastic

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What are the DFP comments about this.
A 12U travel team that players need to mandatory
Upload DAILY video of workouts they do on their own time
on a team only web access.

its a requirement.
yes, it can affect playing time.

(Daily, on own time =
non team practice/game days)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
DD's 12U coach gives them HW every week and they are supposed to do it at least 3 times a week and then turn the sheet back in with it filled out..no videos required. At the end of the day, if a kid is putting the work in it will show eventually...

I mean you can think of the videos as practice for when they get to 14U and they will be posting their tee work on twitter and tagging every D1 coach in the country..

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Tuesday and Thursday a 20-30 minute ZOOM conditioning with tee work included. I am ok with that. The problem is some players need to be prodded into putting in the work and other players have parents that push them to put in the work and the real players ask her parents to take her to the park so she can get better.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
DD's 12U coach gives them HW every week and they are supposed to do it at least 3 times a week and then turn the sheet back in with it filled out..no videos required. At the end of the day, if a kid is putting the work in it will show eventually...

I mean you can think of the videos as practice for when they get to 14U and they will be posting their tee work on twitter and tagging every D1 coach in the country..
Something wrong with that?

Jun 7, 2020
We are required to put in 200 to 300 swings a week other than practice or games. Video not required at this time. Coach said hes not opposed to video if it needs to come to that. When I was at a pgf tournament the other teams parents had to do the video. 1 hr a day of tee work, soft toss or cage work. Those teams smoked the balls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC