Pocket Radar readings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
No, the admin changed his handle to that after he was banned. Trust me; he's not on here anymore. His attempt at creating another account was quickly flagged and deleted.
I can confirm this. DD's team went up against Marcella's team a bit ago. I ventured out to the left field fence for a chat. Got the ban hammer for being his cantankerous Boston self. Sucks. He was one of the brightest posters on here.

P.S. He would never say this, but Marcella is one of those kids that just oozes athleticism. Our parents noticed her before the game even started. Our team took the L 2-0. DD pitched her game, gave one up ER, but their #1 is better. Great speed and possibly the best change up we've run across.

Jun 20, 2015
not directly related to this post.... but the biggest differences i've ever witnessed with pitcher MPH is the dad claimed velo versus actually measured velo. Regardless of temp, altitude, practice, games, etc. Almost always there is significant variance.

Oct 4, 2018
not directly related to this post.... but the biggest differences i've ever witnessed with pitcher MPH is the dad claimed velo versus actually measured velo. Regardless of temp, altitude, practice, games, etc. Almost always there is significant variance.

So true. I used to ask the dad what she was throwing (How fast is she?) and after getting the answer, I whip out the pocket radar, clock a few and show him. Always fun to hear what they say when it's 5mph slower than they say.

I've noticed the parents of the best pitchers are usually spot on.

Oct 4, 2018
That does suck. Didn't always agree with him, but certainly enjoyed the fun banter.

This place will go away quickly if want people to get along all the time. The only way to move something forward is to challenge the status quo, even if that is uncomfortable. Plus it makes for very boring forum if we all just agree..........

Banned?!?

Uh, can we vote to allow him back? Seriously. I'd like him back.

Oct 4, 2018
On a related note; has anybody noticed that low pitches, hits, throw, always register faster on Pocket Radar? Is it just gravity?

The more directly the ball comes at (or leaves) you the faster the reading. So a line drive will give you highest Exit Velo, as an example. Any speed that isn't directly at (or directly away) from the radar decreases the reading.

If that makes any sense. :p

May 27, 2013
That does suck. Didn't always agree with him, but certainly enjoyed the fun banter.

This place will go away quickly if want people to get along all the time. The only way to move something forward is to challenge the status quo, even if that is uncomfortable. Plus it makes for very boring forum if we all just agree..........

Yep - been on message boards that were heavily moderated and any snarkiness was frowned upon. They dried up very quickly.

I like that we can post differing opinions as that’s how you learn from each other and consider other ways of thinking or doing things. Some people do need to learn that it’s ok to disagree, and don’t need to get all bent out of shape if they are questioned or called on their BS. Like I’ve said in the past - the “ignore” feature is here if certain posters upset you. It would be like they never existed and you can go about your day instead posters getting banned.

Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
On a related note; has anybody noticed that low pitches, hits, throw, always register faster on Pocket Radar? Is it just gravity?
This is my theory, the PR registers the fastest part of the pitch, which is right after release, and it's most accurate when the ball is right at it. So I think that low pitches are more in direct line/trajectory to the radar and measure higher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles