plug catching camp dvd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Got the dvd in the mail yesterday, watched the whole thing. Great job coach Weaver! Told catcher dd we will be breaking it down over a period of time and working on the skills. Makes me wish we didn't already have summer travel plans! Hopefully you will be back to the midwest for a clinic again next summer.

Anyone out there thinking about it, it is well worth the money. Basically 4 dvds in one, with about 45 minutes spend on each of four disiplines. Taught very simply with alot of explanation of why it is done that way. I need that for dd who has to be shown why she should change the way she is doing something.
Even if you coach and aren't training catchers this is a great dvd to keep from giving wrong advice.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Coach's Guide To Training Catchers VII WARNING!!!!

This video by Coach Dave Weaver of the New England Catching Camp is probably the most acclaimed video for training coaches to train catchers available. Coach Weaver's insights on body motion and his ability to break down each skill to basic, easy-to-perceive steps make this video invaluable to any coach for understanding the catcher's position and working with your catcher. Coach Weaver did leave out a vital WARNING that must be shared. If you watch this nearly 3 hour video, follow the instruction and work with your catcher... You will eventually become the local catching coach for your area! I purchased Coach Weaver's video in November of 2007 and I have worked with catchers in our area the last to seasons. I went to a tournament last week and had 8 of my catchers in various age divisions at one park. One of the most interesting things is that our catchers can spot each other at tournaments! My catchers will come to me at lessons and tell me about their last tournament and tell me what teams they faced and that they knew I had worked with the catcher on the opposing team. The style of catching Coach Weaver instructs is so disciplined that his catchers stand out that much!

So heed the WARNING! You will become the go-to person for catching instruction in your area! (Thanks Dave!)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Catching instruction sounds like a good time to me. I have watched the video for about 6 hours and still only halfway through it. I was proud of DD at All of Saturday games, I had forwarded the "catchers creed" to her email, but wasn't sure if she had looked at it. I was sure she had seen it after game #1 when I heard "no one leaves till every piece of garbage is picked up in this dugout."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish