Catching Camp DVD Wanted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
I did not have NECC disciples being told they were 95% wrong on my bingo card. I too am curious about a summary of changes.
NECC disciples weren't being told they were 95% wrong. The Co-Founder of the program that put out that information simply didn't stop learning and trying to get better so that our students could get better. Simply put, I was wrong...and my dad would have admitted the same thing. Those of you who knew him know that he had one approach to teaching. Prove to him a better way to accomplish a skill and he would teach it that way the next day. I have always shared that mentality, and refuse to let my students go through a camp without the most up to date and refined approach to the position. Anything less than that and I won't be doing my job.

Jul 11, 2023
NECC disciples weren't being told they were 95% wrong. The Co-Founder of the program that put out that information simply didn't stop learning and trying to get better so that our students could get better. Simply put, I was wrong...and my dad would have admitted the same thing. Those of you who knew him know that he had one approach to teaching. Prove to him a better way to accomplish a skill and he would teach it that way the next day. I have always shared that mentality, and refuse to let my students go through a camp without the most up to date and refined approach to the position. Anything less than that and I won't be doing my job.
I was being sarcastic. I understand things evolve over time.

Although more than once I have encountered folks that have used your content but don't share your same values of always looking to improve. You were used as justification to sit idle and reject change. That was really the target of my comment. :)

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
I was being sarcastic. I understand things evolve over time.

Although more than once I have encountered folks that have used your content but don't share your same values of always looking to improve. You were used as justification to sit idle and reject change. That was really the target of my comment. :)
Sarcasm definitely lost in translation haha 🤦‍♂️😂…but, yes, always looking to improve. At the end of the day, I am only going to be as successful as my students, so I want to make sure I’m doing whatever I can to give them the best available information 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45