Please watch and give feedback!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I just tried this and my rear hip started to turn/dip with the knee, my rear shoulder wants to go along for the ride by starting to drop and turn also. At first my hands just wanted to go with the knee but if I focus on keeping the coil then it stretches me pretty good. My rear shoulder continues to start moving down and in right behind the knee and hip though.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
The upper half will first get tighter and then the hands will be pulled forward?
That's a great question. There are other subtleties that happen with the hands, but all in all, I would agree.

ELTake.gif

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I just tried this and my rear hip started to turn/dip with the knee, my rear shoulder wants to go along for the ride by starting to drop and turn also. At first my hands just wanted to go with the knee but if I focus on keeping the coil then it stretches me pretty good. My rear shoulder continues to start moving down and in right behind the knee and hip though.
Good, now get your front shoulder down and in slightly to begin.

Mar 12, 2009
Try to resist your shoulders and mid-section from rotating the same direction as your hip while coiling and this will help keep the front shoulder down and in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors