Please watch and give feedback!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
This is my 9yr old son and my 11 yr old daughter. DD is a natural RH, has been slapping from the left side for a year. Trying to smooth out her full swing from the left side. My son is natural RH hitter. Has been hitting from both sides for about a year. Please let me know what we need to change, keep doing etc.

Batting with [email]jcoletrain14@yahoo.com[/email] using Ubersense

Batting with [email]jcoletrain14@yahoo.com[/email] using Ubersense

Untagged with [email]jcoletrain14@yahoo.com[/email] using Ubersense

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Hey Coletrain,
I'm sure you've seen enough of the "Rock the U" examples to understand that. Fives advice above is good, but our friends there have been "all in" for a long time, so there's a learning curve...

Here's something to think about. There is a bottom half running start, meaning the hips before the hands. The easiest way to make sure that happens, is to "Rock the U" late and slow. Don't rush it. Allow the bottom half to move normally. "Rock the U" slow and focus on reading the pitch. Mentally connect your eyes and that bottom hand as you read the pitch and rock the U.

If that rear leg breaks in/down, while you're getting that last bit of Rock completed, what do you think is going to happen to the upper half?

bondsequence_zpsb50f1084.gif

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
Both kids look very talented and should be able to pick the stuff up mentioned above quickly IMO.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Hey Coletrain,
I'm sure you've seen enough of the "Rock the U" examples to understand that. Fives advice above is good, but our friends there have been "all in" for a long time, so there's a learning curve...

Here's something to think about. There is a bottom half running start, meaning the hips before the hands. The easiest way to make sure that happens, is to "Rock the U" late and slow. Don't rush it. Allow the bottom half to move normally. "Rock the U" slow and focus on reading the pitch. Mentally connect your eyes and that bottom hand as you read the pitch and rock the U.

If that rear leg breaks in/down, while you're getting that last bit of Rock completed, what do you think is going to happen to the upper half?

Howe,

I'm just trying to test some of my understanding. If the rear leg breaks down/in before the rock is complete then the hands get out of sequence with the hips and start leading instead of lagging the hips and bleeds the coil. Let me know if I understand this correctly.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Howe,

I'm just trying to test some of my understanding. If the rear leg breaks down/in before the rock is complete then the hands get out of sequence with the hips and start leading instead of lagging the hips and bleeds the coil. Let me know if I understand this correctly.
If the rear knee breaks "in and down" (not down/in), while the hands are still going up and the coil is held, what happens to the rear hip? Do the muscles in the back tighten like a twisting rubber band? A sequence is NOT everything going at the same time... There's an order.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Epstein used to use the rubber band analogy. Some don't like his work because he's more hemispheric (hips(pelvis) vs. shoulders). That's a discussion for another day.

Mar 12, 2009
Hey Coletrain,

The upper half will first get tighter and then the hands will be pulled forward?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand