Please no Please!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
So my TV package includes allot of sports extras so I got to watch allot of high school state championship games down in the south. Notable Texas where the crowds looked as large as the ones in the wcws ,which is great to see. What Really threw me back and made certain games unwatchable was the continuous cow bells and horns(those stupid ones they blow at soccer matches). There must have been 30 plus cow bells continuously ringing with horns also blowing the entire game with a big huge blast every pitch delivery or every time a fielder was trying to catch a pop fly. Please for the love of all that is good and holy let this not be the future of Fast pitch. I'm already on the brink as a pitchers dad and Im afraid if I had to listen to that I would go all mid evil. Maybe I'm a little overboard on this but what I heard most likely would be illegal to force a GITMO prisoner to listen to.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
giphy.gif

Feb 22, 2013
The whistle that was being blown at the Softball WCWS was annoying as I watched ESPN. I had to turn down the volume just to watch the finals.

Maybe in the future of fastpitch softball, their will be full bands in the stands. We've heard the cowbells, the whistle, the bats playing the dugout walls and fences and the balls beating against the bats and batting helmets. It is too bad that all the band members can't get together with their instruments and put a few songs togethter. Throw in a few softball chants, along with the instruments, and a concert would break out.

The only thing that would make the evening better would be if I bought my wife a hot dog and a coke at the game. Then when my wife complained about not going out on dates anymore, I could say,"We just went on a date on Friday night, when I bought you a dinner and we saw a show."

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
...Maybe in the future of fastpitch softball, their will be full bands in the stands...

It was either the WCWS or the SR's where a school actually had a small band. I thought it was awesome in it showed an above and beyond level of commitment to the sport from the school.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Our area has an 18u Tuesday night league for area HS/TB teams to play against each other. It's usually a doubleheader against different teams. At our second game, a parent had a bullhorn that played Ole, ole, ole....we are the champions,,,blah, blah, blah. I think I would have preferred the cowbells.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
That whistle being blown was an Alabama fan doing it with his mouth. His face would almost implode as he did it. It was annoying.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
^ And that guy did it every day. Why did the broadcast allow it?

What gives you the idea that ESPN somehow had the ability to control it? It is 2014 and in today's society it could have been a blind, transgender, undocumented worker, who worships the great god of whistle and ESPN would have been sued for violating their constitutional right to annoy the crap out of everyone. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877