Playing in 2 Different Age Group State Tournaments, in 2 Different States ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
No. Once you play tournament play at an age level, you cannot move down. You can move up in age, providing your original team is done playing ASA tournament play and you fill out the pick up player form.

Back in 2008, I recall a team that picked up a girl from a neighboring state. She had already played in their state tournament and that team was going to nationals. The team that picked her up was protested against and the result was the team was disqualified.

I do believe ASA changed this rule, in So Cal all stars anyway. If you play up (say 16U), and your daughter's team is eliminated and done for the current season, she can play for her 14U team providing she is age eligible. It was one of the changes that came with the Select Program.We encountered this with a team we played against.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I do believe ASA changed this rule, in So Cal all stars anyway. If you play up (say 16U), and your daughter's team is eliminated and done for the current season, she can play for her 14U team providing she is age eligible. It was one of the changes that came with the Select Program.We encountered this with a team we played against.

She cannot be on a 14U team if she is on the roster of another no matter what level that team is playing.

ASA did adjust their code allowing a qualified and approved player to be picked-up by a team in a lower age classification as long as that player meets the all other eligibility requirements.

Mar 21, 2013
I was not totally clear. My example applied to ASA Nationals. A player played 12U ASA rec all stars for her league. After her 12U team was eliminated from states that player, who was 10U eligible, was added to the leagues 10U roster for the national tournament.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I was not totally clear. My example applied to ASA Nationals. A player played 12U ASA rec all stars for her league. After her 12U team was eliminated from states that player, who was 10U eligible, was added to the leagues 10U roster for the national tournament.

She can only be added as a pick up player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole