Player Struggles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
If you can't get around on the inside pitch, why don't you look for the inside pitch and react to the outside pitch that you can handle. Most hitters struggle at the plate because I believe they try to cover the entire plate from first pitch of the at bat to the last pitch until 2 strikes I think it's best to pick one side or the other depending on your strengths and weaknesses until 2 strikes.

We have worked with DD on this. She's a strong inside pitch hitter but struggles to do anything with anything moving away from her. I painted the outer third of her practice plate so she can focus on what to take for a ride and what to fight off. Its still a work in progress but at least its a start.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
If you can't get around on the inside pitch, why don't you look for the inside pitch and react to the outside pitch that you can handle. Most hitters struggle at the plate because I believe they try to cover the entire plate from first pitch of the at bat to the last pitch until 2 strikes I think it's best to pick one side or the other depending on your strengths and weaknesses until 2 strikes.

Honest answer? Because my pitch recognition isn't that good. There is a certain point where I see that a pitch is a strike, and then a point further along where I can tell what half it's on. By then I'm halfway through the swing and realizing I'm late if it's inside.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog