Plateau frustration...What are we missing?? video included

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Also, her front side resistance is non-existent. She is taking a step forward after she throws...meaning that she is losing speed.

Notice that her body stops moving forward at release. Focus on her feet. Unlike your DD, Cat does not take a step forward after she throws.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oMHnzs7Vlfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quick explanation:

Pitching is all about momentum transfer. The idea is the pitcher gets all of her momentum moving toward the plate, and then slams on the brakes. This results her body transferring the momentum to the the arm and then to the ball.

If your DD is moving forward after release, then she is not transferring all of her momentum to the ball.

There are *NO* high level pitchers that move toward the plate after release. Look up any big time pitcher on youtube.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Back view:
Cardinal2.JPG

In addition to the other suggestions, I'd take a look at the sixth frame in this series. A little better video would confirm, but I think I see an early turn of the hand--getting behind the ball around 8 o'clock.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2015
Getting back/upright should help and click with the front resistance and bring arm tighter to body for brush to happen...yes?

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
BM states that his students brush naturally. I'm beginning to understand why now. By focusing on an upright posture, frontside resistance, and resisting that early turn of the hand she should be well inclined to brush at that point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06