What are most common factors for missing the ball on a tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I’m trying to put everything I’m learning together. So we have good lower body mechanics good drive good fsr good torque. Now in upper body trying to keep chin position as still as possible. We are turning the barrel trying to stay in tight swings look good. However we make contact with top half or bottom half or sometimes knock the whole tee 6’ out in front of us. So my question is what are the most common factors of missing the correct point of contact of the ball on a tee. Or how can we achieve more control of the barrel to a specific point (the ball). Apparently our eye/hand coordination is a little off. Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m trying to put everything I’m learning together. So we have good lower body mechanics good drive good fsr good torque. Now in upper body trying to keep chin position as still as possible. We are turning the barrel trying to stay in tight swings look good. However we make contact with top half or bottom half or sometimes knock the whole tee 6’ out in front of us. So my question is what are the most common factors of missing the correct point of contact of the ball on a tee. Or how can we achieve more control of the barrel to a specific point (the ball). Apparently our eye/hand coordination is a little off. Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.

Does it look like this?

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI

Laphoneman,

It's in the hand-eye coordination. Even the worst swing in the gym can make T work look good.

They're basic, simple drills and hypothetically, should be like eating birthday cake.

A couple ideas ...

1) Intimidation - especially with a group of other athletes.

2) Tense mechanics.

3) Aiming.

4) Intense swings.

Relax the mind and mechanics. Generally, you using the T to correct issues, or to train new skills. Slow down and relax the process. Think the intention through and try not to rush through the work.

I think you'll see some better results.

Chris

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Somewhere along the way we have made the swing so important we forgot that the ball must be struck. Sometimes we load our players minds with so much information that they are focused on so many things that hitting the ball becomes a secondary thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee